Finally Powershifted Third Gear!!!

FATJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally worked up the nerve to try and powershift third gear, and it worked!!:rock: :rock:
The new clutch (stock) and the Viper hydraulics did the trick... I have owned this truck two years and can count on one hand the times that I have been able to hit third gear without letting off the accelerator. Damn that felt good.
I originally blamed my problem on the Hurst shifter, so I replaced it with the B&M, shifted much better but third was still not there, so I replaced that shifter with the Gen X from X-Metal. Now Guys, I tried to like that shifter because it was supposed to be the very best available, after 4 months I took that POS off and put the B&M back on, very happy with the B&M.
Ironhead you better hold on to your ass in Panama City:D :D :D

always powershift third gear...thats just part of driving

I absolutely loved BOOMERS Gen X Shifter.....

I consider myself fairly resilient and adaptable. So, after the eccentricity of the GenXs twisting feel subsided, it was just fine..... Never felt more secure slapping it hard into third...

D

Django said:

I consider myself fairly resilient and adaptable. So, after the eccentricity of the GenXs twisting feel subsided, it was just fine..... Never felt more secure slapping it hard into third...

D
:rock: :rock: :rock: I don't drive mine much, but when I do I don't miss 3rd :D :D :D I love my Gen X :marchmellow:

Note: this is not a paid advertisement :p :p :p

Django said:

D

Would look great on the Mantle in the den too....

i have power shifted mine all the time ,from first to second to third to fourth ,,,nothing new ,thats why i still have a stock clutch with 29000 on it ,,,plan on new clutch after panama ,,that is if panama is still a go by then ??that is if you still have a 3 piston by then hahah,,of course you will have to unplug the gas though to make it a fair race

I have to say I am impressed with the power shifters. I am still learning the truck but having trouble trusting the shift into 3 and 4. I'll get it.

I have no problem shifting mine. Although I will admit I like the aftermarket shifter I have much better than the stock one.

Bill.

FATJACK said:
Now i can't get the nitrous to work right, dammit.......
i know a goober who was power shifting with laughing gas and reved motor til it went KABOOM ,,power shifting with gas can over rev ,real easy ,,BOOM BOOM BOOM clang clang clan goes the rods ,,,you forge that beast or running on stock inerds

The nitrous shuts off at 5500 rpm and the rev limiter is set at 5600 rpm, I try to shift around 5200 and I feel pretty safe with that.:p :p :p

Demon 8 said:
I have to say I am impressed with the power shifters. I am still learning the truck but having trouble trusting the shift into 3 and 4. I'll get it.
Here is a video of our master shifter, Jerry aka Trainman

I have to double click on the tach or speedo to get the video started ...

http://web.mac.com/landlt/iWeb/Site/Shifting%20.html

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back