Finally sold our house

jbilledeaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as some of you know me, my wife, and kids moved from LA a year ago in February. Our house and 15 acres has been for sale since the first of last February, today after 4 different contracts and one of the biggest headaches of my life we finally signed the papers and walked away smelling $16,600.00 better:rock:
The wife isn't aware of this, but it's about time to spend some $$ on the truck:D

Heartiest congratulations.........

I am keenly aware of this kind'a thing........ The fact that you came out in the black is awesome.... I lost deep into 6 figures on mine.....

Again, best wishes and felicitations.....

D

Django said:
Heartiest congratulations.........

I am keenly aware of this kind'a thing........ The fact that you came out in the black is awesome.... I lost deep into 6 figures on mine.....

Again, best wishes and felicitations.....

D
Ouch.....that's to say the least.......I'd still be cryin if it were me:(

jbilledeaux said:
Ouch.....that's to say the least.......I'd still be cryin if it were me:(

That's just one component of my financial situation as a whole.......

2007-08 was black and bleak........ I haven't and won't recover for a long time... if ever....

Thanks...

D

Congrats on the sale....fortunely the area I live in has not been affected as bad...real estate values have stayed fairly constant and sales are only slightly down...I have several clients who are real estate agents and their 2008 income is close to their 2007 income...

505'sFastestViper. said:
congratulations (please do not delete)
I wouldn't delete ya, but it looks like your making up those lost post:D

TNVIPER said:
Congrats on the sale....fortunely the area I live in has not been affected as bad...real estate values have stayed fairly constant and sales are only slightly down...I have several clients who are real estate agents and their 2008 income is close to their 2007 income...
It wasn't the economy that affected my sale, it was 3 different families that would go through the whole contract process, then 1-2 weeks before closing something would come up, either financing or cold feet:mad: Finally this last person made a "cash" offer about 2 weeks ago, and we closed today:rock:
It feels good not to have to pay 2 mortgages anymore.
If I would have had to do it much longer I would have to call up uncle Obama and see if he would pay one for me:D

Right on, good to see someone turn a profit in this lousy market:rock:

jbilledeaux said:
It wasn't the economy that affected my sale, it was 3 different families that would go through the whole contract process, then 1-2 weeks before closing something would come up, either financing or cold feet:mad: Finally this last person made a "cash" offer about 2 weeks ago, and we closed today:rock:
It feels good not to have to pay 2 mortgages anymore.
If I would have had to do it much longer I would have to call up uncle Obama and see if he would pay one for me:D

For whatever reason financing real estate has not been a big problem here of late.......financing a car is....my dealer said he wasnt having trouble selling cars..he couldnt get financing...said he had one guy with a 730 credit score get turned down by 3 banks...go figure...........and yeah, I aint worried...if I get in financial trouble uncle boma will send a check..

TNVIPER said:
For whatever reason financing real estate has not been a big problem here of late.......financing a car is....my dealer said he wasnt having trouble selling cars..he couldnt get financing...said he had one guy with a 730 credit score get turned down by 3 banks...go figure...........and yeah, I aint worried...if I get in financial trouble uncle boma will send a check..
What Check:dontknow: maybe a Pollack

:rock: :rock: :rock: congrats:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

TNVIPER said:

Florida is having a terrible time with Real Estate..... :eek: It's a monster of their own making tho... too many "spec" houses laying around. ;)

...... We are watching the house next to my Parent's house right now. It's up on Short-Sale and will be foreclosing shortly. The home was bought new for $615k 3 years ago. It's on short-sale for $314,500 right now.... Once foreclosed, it will be under $300k. There are some terrific opportunities for buyers out there, and they will only get better over the next 9-18 months. ;)

Same here Jake...I have two new seven figure homes adjacent to mine. One has been on the market for two years and the other just over a year.

I was talking to one of the builders and he mentioned that they were really not new anymore...all of the appliances, are actually two years old while not having been used much...that home has a huge built-in flat screen in the family room and is worth only a couple of thousand now, because it is old technology!

I see these homes staying on the market for possibly another year...strange situation...brand new spec homes, that are really several years old...

Prof said:
Same here Jake...I have two new seven figure homes adjacent to mine. One has been on the market for two years and the other just over a year.

I was talking to one of the builders and he mentioned that they were really not new anymore...all of the appliances, are actually two years old while not having been used much...that home has a huge built-in flat screen in the family room and is worth only a couple of thousand now, because it is old technology!

I see these homes staying on the market for possibly another year...strange situation...brand new spec homes, that are really several years old...
Hmmmmmmm,:stupido2: an opportunity to live next to Prof......................Robin, lets visit Chicago. :p

LoveThisTruck said:
Congrats:rock: Now, down to buisness... what are you gonna do to the truck:)
Well I'm startin with the pretty up stuff, just had the windows almost blacked out, front down to 3% and rear glass is less than 1%, just ordered viper emblem for hood and waiting on lowering blocks from Stinker should be here today. From there I'm still undecided, but I'm sure ya'll keep me wanting more.
One thought is getting my rims black chromed, but not quite sure on cost and how long it takes:dontknow: Any ideas???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back