Finally took her to the dragstrip

06mineralvenom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, well i finally made out to the dragstrip last weekend just to make to passes cuz we were having a thunderstorm that night....
First run: it was against a nissan altima, killed it and i ran a 1/[email protected] with reaction time at .215 and i think my 1/8 was 10.251...
Second run: it was against a jeep srt8, got killed i ran a 1/[email protected] with reaction time at .070 and my 1/8 was 10.311...
Im bone stock, all factory with dirty paper air filter...
What do you guys think????

as long as you had fun, although the times seem slow.

Just work on your launch and you should be able to cut 2+ seconds from your times.

Those are slow times but I believe that's a high altitude where you were racing.

Well I thought it sounded really slow but I looked up the DA at your track for last Saturday and your 15.8 would correct to about a 14.2 at a sea level tack so your not too much slower than you should be. Work on your launch and change your air filter I would guess you could pick up another .3 or thereabouts. Was the jeep stock and what did it run?

Well I thought it sounded really slow but I looked up the DA at your track for last Saturday and your 15.8 would correct to about a 14.2 at a sea level tack so your not too much slower than you should be. Work on your launch and change your air filter I would guess you could pick up another .3 or thereabouts. Was the jeep stock and what did it run?

yea i would like some tips from ya'll since im new to the truck....i want to know what air filter is better? yea i believe it was stock just open headers and it ran a mid 14...

thats what i said, i was a bit dissapointed...

Dude, DA is everything. You are running at elevation which is something many of these guys don't understand. Get ahold of Dom. He has a ton of experience running at your track and nobody knows what it takes to make our trucks fast, better than he does.

yea i would like some tips from ya'll since im new to the truck....i want to know what air filter is better? yea i believe it was stock just open headers and it ran a mid 14...

Based on all of the recommendations I have seen, the K&N drop in is the best route to go with your air filter.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back