Finally, UP and ROEing.

TNVIPER said:
I like to see custom made modding....looks great Dog......I agree the filter mounted on the TB as comes with the Roe kit picks up a lot of heat....I have ran tests to back that....I just took your idea one step further...

Picture.jpg
Thats what I was thinking That is a great mod, I was looking for your picture. And yeah the hot temp would bog it bad, even the aluminum pipe was hot after 20 minutes of cool down. With the stick duct and I am sure with yours also, after 45 min drive from work got home lifted the hood and cool to touch, big differance over metal.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Either one of you guys spraying water/meth?

It helps ALOT with heat soak. It will make your intake cool to the touch.:rock:
I don't have the vec so I have to wait on sean he's going to make a switch for me to spray the meth and he busy moving plus there is no rush yet out here temps are perfect 60's day at night about 45 50, I have it I just didn't install it yet.

ViperTruck2933 said:

I had meth with the original Roe filter setup but have not yet hooked it into the new intake.......but will be doing so..

HOLY CRAP MATT!!!:dontknow: :dontknow:

That was freakin fast. I just shipped that out last Saturday:D :D

Glad you like it;) I should have done that with the CAI myself it was probaly robbing at least 20-30rwhp:(

kyle's srt10 said:
HOLY CRAP MATT!!!:dontknow: :dontknow:

That was freakin fast. I just shipped that out last Saturday:D :D

Glad you like it;) I should have done that with the CAI myself it was probaly robbing at least 20-30rwhp:(
I thought youd like that I started thurs at noon for about 4 hrs then fri for about another 4 not bad once you get things figured out. Just the plugs I put in suck going back to ngk. Cat delete next those things get hot very fast. Did you delete yours? Thanks Again Brother anytime you want to come up let me know.:marchmellow: :marchmellow:

ViperTruck2933 said:

My intake still gets hot as shit with the meth:dontknow: I know the meth is spraying... maybe not enough???

LoveThisTruck said:
My intake still gets hot as shit with the meth:dontknow: I know the meth is spraying... maybe not enough???

There is alot of Aluminum on the Roe kits;) Going to be hard to keep the heat down. The water/meth does help alot though:rock:

DevilDawg3097 said:
No i didn't I have a turbo sittin waiting but I wanted some power now, and this winter I am forging. Was alot easier then I figured it would be. And no kablooey for me I have read and heed the warnig safe tune for now and stock boost. Then when I forge You bet your ass I will have the first supercharged turbo truck:D :burnout: :burnout: :thrasher: :trytofly: :trytofly:

That blower will lose it thermal efficiency, hell it's almost there with a 6lb pulley.

I want a roe but if your gonna go big, you'll need a bigger blower:)

awesome job brother man!

bigike said:
That blower will lose it thermal efficiency, hell it's almost there with a 6lb pulley.

I want a roe but if your gonna go big, you'll need a bigger blower:)

awesome job brother man!
Thank You. No when I decide to go big power and compete with stinker, 505 and the likes I am goin turbo. With a bigger blower like a whipple I don't think our engines would be able to handle that a 426 has a problem with those. Get a roe you won't be disapointed haven't dynoed it yet but what a differance in the bottom end plus if you always decide to go bigger you will allways be able to sell it with no problem. Just ask the guys who sold there's (thanks Kyle;) )
Plus I am a turbo guy and never into s/c's now I can have an unbiased oppinon and all I can say is wow.
You can not compare the two my experiance with turbo's the only way the spool up as quick would be with NOS I always liked walkin people never cared about off the line just the finish line which a turbo can do and do well the jump with a s/c is alot different. Still to early to tell but I likey :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

pokeytemplar said:
Compound boosting will make a huge difference in your power. You can leave the roe at 6-8psi (keeping its thermal efficiency) and let the turbos do the rest. There is a compound boost article on a mustang out there. A very interesting read.
Great article that just confirms my Idea back to plan A. Finally I learn something from a ford article J/K thats awsome but I would still only do a single turbo thanks for the article but my wife is gonna hate you for confirming the thought I have been kicking around because that means more money:dontknow: spent on (as she calls it that damn thing):marchmellow:

DevilDawg3097 said:
Great article that just confirms my Idea back to plan A. Finally I learn something from a ford article J/K thats awsome but I would still only do a single turbo thanks for the article but my wife is gonna hate you for confirming the thought I have been kicking around because that means more money:dontknow: spent on (as she calls it that damn thing):marchmellow:

Our wives would be a perfect match she calls my Durango the same damn thing. :D The single turbo will be fine. The Roe will give you plenty of power while the turbo spools up. There are other schools of thought on this as you will be reading later on as more read this thread. ;)

505'sFastestViper. said:
by 2500 my single is already makin 5-6 pounds
Thats pretty good for a turbo but have you driven a an s/c, big differance there is no lag at all instant spool, believe me I went in thinking the same thing but there is a differance in spool up. Use a 25 shot of nos and you will spool up at as soon as you launch. My neighbor is a mustang manic and when he saw the roe he was impressed not so much that it is different but in the simple design in the pulley bracket he said all the other chargers and blowers where not as good. SO now we shall put it to the test next week. My best time stock was 13.3 on reg tires now I have dr's so I will let you all know.:marchmellow:

DevilDawg3097 said:
Thats pretty good for a turbo but have you driven a an s/c, big differance there is no lag at all instant spool, believe me I went in thinking the same thing but there is a differance in spool up. Use a 25 shot of nos and you will spool up at as soon as you launch. My neighbor is a mustang manic and when he saw the roe he was impressed not so much that it is different but in the simple design in the pulley bracket he said all the other chargers and blowers where not as good. SO now we shall put it to the test next week. My best time stock was 13.3 on reg tires now I have dr's so I will let you all know.:marchmellow:
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/nxd5000.htm

this what im doin it will be sweet

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back