First day at Maxton

BIG NANA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, We're in Maxton! Got here on Friday Early PM, nothing but rain! Got unloaded, got in the tech line, and just as I pulled up, the shifter ball snapped off in my hand!! Then the tech guy walked up, .... So needless to say we failed tech. So, off to the local hardware store, got the stuff we needed and back to the track to fix that and the two other things thatneeded to be fixed to pass.

Saturday morning, get the tech line and as soon as they go over it, PASS! We get the 175MPH decal!! Score! So now I'm ready to set a record, except.... it's still raining. The forecast is for rain all day, but Sunday is supposed to be clear. So, here's afew pics of the track, and some test runs down the track in the rain just to make sure my suspension is set right.

I'll update you guys Sunday night after we get home. It's going to be late for you east coast guys, but thats the breaks, Also, I really want to thank Richard and Rick for all their help this weekend, w/o them, I would have been screwed!

Pictures coming soon

here's the pics

Attachments

• IMG_3646.1.jpg
    IMG_3646.1.jpg
    816.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3657.1.jpg
    IMG_3657.1.jpg
    768.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3681.1.jpg
    IMG_3681.1.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3756.1.jpg
    IMG_3756.1.jpg
    680.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3763.1.jpg
    IMG_3763.1.jpg
    928.2 KB · Views: 167
175 mph sticker:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: Thanks for the pics.

Congrat's on the 175...and were pulling for ya. Hope the weather improves:rock: Thank's for the pic's and update...keep us posted.:rock:

Truck looks great! I like the no mirror look! And the roll cage looks tuff as hell through the front windshield. Post a pic of the 175mph sticker! Good Luck.

heres the second video test at maxton

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E_vAMmPZeJk"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E_vAMmPZeJk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Maybe it's just me,But that mile does not look smooth enough for high speed runs.Be careful out there Nana.

pick of 175 sticker

Here's the pic of the 175 mph sticker on lower left of windshield

Attachments

• IMG_3763.2.jpg
    IMG_3763.2.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 91
I have a few suggestion if i may.

first i would run some tape along the top of the door seam at the roof cab and down the windshield to the cowl.

second would be to raise the rear of the hood with washers or something to relieve pressure under the hood.

third another seam of tape along the side of the hood where it meets the fender.

and lastly one more seem of tape along the bed and bed cover to decrease surface deflection.

Maybe you have already thought of those and nixed them for reasons known to you. but if you like you can share those with me as well. I would like to bounce ideas off of you anyways in hopes that you have more experience and knowledge than I.

good luck and get a great pass.

Damn, I would be nervous hitting high speeds on that mile! Looked rough as hell. Was it really that rough Nana?

THANKS FOR THE advice Blaine, but remeber, its raining, I'm not racing yet. Also, the truck will be prepared this AM and we will be masking off the key areas we can and what we need too. Talk soon!!

1. Be careful.

2. Go fast.

Be sure to do it in that order. There is always next year, or the next time, but only one life time.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back