First day at Maxton

The waiting is finally over for you BigNana! You finally got to open her up. Sorry to hear it wasn't the most ideal conditions for you, the headwind stuff. I bet you can't wait to do it again to better your speed. Which sounds like you will with no problem.

Rice Eater said:
congrats! may i ask why you didn't run NOS?

Because the class requires that you run gas only to qualify for the record, if I had used the NOS, it would have bumped me into a "FUEL" class and it basically would be cheating if I used the NOS and did not tell anybody. If I told them I wanted to run NOS, there was no class for a Truck in the "FUEL" class, so I would have to run with the Corvettes, Vipers and GT-40's and such, and the class winner in that class I think was a EVO that went 212MPH. So I did not want to deal with that!

amtrucker22 said:
Way to represent Nana! Now you can concentrate on enjoying the truck... What is your overall feeling on the whole experience?

You know, if I had it to do over again, I think I would have liked to have not gone this last weekend because Sean Roe had to cancel, my wife canceled and my best Friend cancelled so it kinda got a little lonesome with not having my whole crew there.

Not to say that I did not learn alot about the setup and what else I need to make the truck work correctly at higher speeds and Not to slight Richard any, He was a HUGE help and when you guys get to see some more of his pictures, you'll be impressed. He did real good and I look forward to doing more stuff with him. Richard is a Viper Tech at Ronnie Robinson Performance Center in Green Cove Springs and he's good people!

EVO 212? muhahahah :p that's frick'n CLASSIC... I luv those evo's

ok back on track... congrats on setting the record Nana... that's awesome...:D

Yep, 212. That lil Bast*&%d was FAST. And looked stock from the outside, but when I saw that full cage and the exhaust the size of a trashcan, i figured he was'nt fooling around!

Here are the time slips

Attachments

• April 2008 Maxton Record.bmp
    392.2 KB · Views: 21
  • April 2008 Maxton Record.jpg
    April 2008 Maxton Record.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Also, The EVO went just a tick over 210, not 212, but he did win the whole Hot Rod Shotout and set a new record for his class, damn, thats neat! I have pics, i'll post them now on the Media section Because they are all kinds of cars that were there.

Mark

Nana,

Congratulations, what you did was great.

I appreciate all the work and time it took you to acomplish this.

Thank you for all the sharing and updates along the way, I have been watching this from the beginning.

You are a true winner............................:rock: ..........:rock: ..........:rock:

Thank you very much for providing this forum to folks like me. I really appreciate it alot, and if I become a total pain in the you know what, please tell me, just not in front of the guys though,,.... OK? Please?

Congrats Nana..............thats just awesome.

Jack/Patrick I think world record holders deserve recognition. Any chance you can honor his accomplishments under his name/avitar?

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Congrats Nana..............thats just awesome.

Jack/Patrick I think world record holders deserve recognition. Any chance you can honor his accomplishments under his name/avitar?

patrick
BAM!!! Great idea!!!

FSTJACK said:
Nana,

Congratulations, what you did was great.

I appreciate all the work and time it took you to acomplish this.

Thank you for all the sharing and updates along the way, I have been watching this from the beginning.

You are a true winner............................:rock: ..........:rock: ..........:rock:

And now if you could just get your truck finished and go out there and kick some Lightening ASS. ;) :D

Silver... Just know that w/o your help and encouragement, I would have gone 10 MPH faster! LOL!! Really... Thanks for the support!

BIG NANA said:
Silver... Just know that w/o your help and encouragement, I would have gone 10 MPH faster! LOL!! Really... Thanks for the support!

So I slowed you down by 10MPH. Damn, I must be slipping. I was hoping for 15.:eek: :p :D

Just be sure to really give them hell next time. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back