First kill with the SRT-10

Srt10ram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my first race with the Viper truck a few hours ago. On the way home with 400lbs. of Mulch in the bed I ran a 2005-2008 Mustang GT. I got next to him, he got the hit from maybe 55mph-100mph, I was in forth, and I was a half car behind but was gaining on him, he then lets off.

Tried again from 60mph-110mph. This time I'm in third gear, and I honked three times, the driver waves me to go, as if he wants to give me the jump.;) . So I wait till he hits it. As soon as he hits it, I hit it, I jump out in front 2 1/2 cars lengths and keep it untill 110mph when I let off. Not too bad with 400lbs. of Mulch in the back.:rock:

I don't think the Mustang was stock. It had an SCT Tuner Badge & Hurst Shifter Badge, and when he hit it in the first race, there was a little smoke coming from the duel mufflers out back. I'm pretty sure it was a 5spd. stick with maybe catless exhaust, intake, tune... The stang wasn't too loud, but maybe my catless mids, muffled out the little 4.6l v8.:D

What do you guys think, how fast are tuned bolt-on Mustangs?

A stock 2005-2008 stang will do low to high 13s depending on track and driver...but they can make em 11 second boogers for less than $8K...good kill but watch that road racing...:congrats:

My wife's 2005 Mustang with 3000 stall, cold-air intake, SCT tune, 410 gears, full exhaust, no cats, 1-piece aluminum drive shaft goes 12.60's all day at the track. Nice kill!

hey .. is a gt .. i drive over does things with my caliber srt4 .......... like last time at track 3 time in row

TNVIPER said:
He was racing a turd...why would 400LBs of mulch matter??:dontknow:

400lbs of mulch= better traction action:rock:

ZCx said:

May equal better traction but will slow the truck down over the long haul...look at Trainman's times with bolt ons....he removed over 400LBs of weight and now holds the record for the fastest N/A...

BLKSVT said:
400lbs of mulch in the bed and you pulled him like that?
Yep. I was surprised. All that extra weight definently slowed the truck down. Maybe the guy couldn't shift, :dontknow: .
But I doubt it, cause he didn't want to run another race :D , and he gave me the thumbs up.

ZCx said:
I don't think I have any traction problems from 40mph and up with nothing in the bed.:eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back