First passes today - 2006 QC

lilred7879

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I finally made it to the track today - ran 8 passes that ranged from 13.645 to 13.919 and from 101.71mph to 102.1mph.

Basically stock truck with continental radials - Torrie/SCT flash and drop in K&N.

Best pass -
60' - 2.07
330 - 5.751
1/8 - 8.7879
1000 - 11.425
1/4 - 13.645
MPH - 101.71

It was a good time out ran several Challengers, Mustangs, Killed a Harley Davidson/supercharged crew cab.

Got my daughter her first passes in the truck she knocked it out the park with 3 close 13.7-13.8 runs!

BUT - we have some work to do - the wifes 2006 A6 convertible vette waxed us all day running 13.00-13.06 all day!

Oh and I cut one .001 and one .005 light (the rest were red to .565!)

Later,
DLS

FATJACK said:
Not bad at all. You need to pull a plug wire off that Corvette:D

Your telling me but... I have a few parts I just received and Torrie will be putting it on the dyno soon enough. Hopefully that and some new tires will get me close. All else fails the bed cover, tailgate, back seat, and spare can stay at home!

Actually wish I could convince the wife to let me bracket race the crazy vette; temps changed by 25 degrees during the day and that thing varies by less than a tenth all day!

phxpoolguy said:
Toque converter from Tony would be highly recommended also.

thats good to know, i was suprised to see a QC running that fast with so few mods, considering what I had heard about them.

dusten said:
thats good to know, i was suprised to see a QC running that fast with so few mods, considering what I had heard about them.

What you hear?

TNVIPER said:
Lightning owner's propaganda....;)

Haha, heard that, fast is fast no matter how many doors. Got a 12 second Charger also with just bolt ons. Don't understand why QC's get a bad rap.

phxpoolguy said:
What you hear?

I had heard the QC's in stock trim were closer to a high 13 even low 14's due to weight and the auto robbing a bit more power than the 6 speed.

TNVIPER said:
Lightning owner's propaganda....;)
Its not propaganda if its true. I hadnt heard they were slow, hell a high 13 second 4 door truck is impressive, trust me, i know i had one.

phxpoolguy said:
Haha, heard that, fast is fast no matter how many doors. Got a 12 second Charger also with just bolt ons. Don't understand why QC's get a bad rap.

You are correct fast is fast. I wasn't surprised it was running mid 13's, i was surprised it was doing it with so few mods, i had no idea the QC's woke up like that with a tuner.

Yea, mine ran a low 14 when I bought it, not what I expected. All the bolt ons seem to work well together, torque converter and the Belanger headers really helped after the SCT from torie.

phxpoolguy said:
Toque converter from Tony would be highly recommended also.
We told him this a while back. TC, along with a Tune and DR's he's easily in the 12's

SANTEEN said:
We told him this a while back. TC, along with a Tune and DR's he's easily in the 12's

Give me time... first I am ditching the cats then getting a dyno session with Torrie. After that I have some cosmetic items to work on; then I will get back to bumping the power up or getting the TC.

lilred7879 said:
Give me time... first I am ditching the cats then getting a dyno session with Torrie. After that I have some cosmetic items to work on; then I will get back to bumping the power up or getting the TC.
Good deal

Loose the cats in a hurry. I have a tune from DC, no cats, and a shitty volact CAI and ran 13.06 at a Texas GTG a year or so ago. The cats rob alot. I used manual 02 sims (spark plug spacers) for my 02 sensors and have never had a problem. they cost me maybe 6 bucks. Good luck man.

were you runnin the race tune with race gas? I also have the tunes from torrie and ran a 13.9 with the mild tune. this was in the summer and it was also humid, can't wait to get back to the track now that it is cooler!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back