First passes today - 2006 QC

badassvpr said:
were you runnin the race tune with race gas? I also have the tunes from torrie and ran a 13.9 with the mild tune. this was in the summer and it was also humid, can't wait to get back to the track now that it is cooler!

pump gas 93 tune and gas.

Troy's QC SRT said:
good stuff bro, i can't wait to ht the track for the first time! Too bad Steve's gonna hand me my ass, but it'll be fun
:rock: :rock: :D

I had heard the QC's in stock trim were closer to a high 13 even low 14's due to weight and the auto robbing a bit more power than the 6 speed.

Its not propaganda if its true. I hadnt heard they were slow, hell a high 13 second 4 door truck is impressive, trust me, i know i had one.

You are correct fast is fast. I wasn't surprised it was running mid 13's, i was surprised it was doing it with so few mods, i had no idea the QC's woke up like that with a tuner.

Lots of QC's have ran mid 13's bone stock, even Motortrend managed a 13.7@103 mph
http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/112_0506_2005_dodge_ram_srt10/specifications.html

a few owners on here managed even better than that still bone stock. Flyinglow ran a 12.7 with just a tune and exhaust. It all depends on what DA your racing in, and how well you can launch on the dragstrip. Pretty sure SRTBrad ran a 13.5 stock.

Good runs to the OP.

Last edited:
Whose converter are you guys running with just a tune and exhaust to get the best results?

you dont want to go much over 2400 stall, you run into drivability issues an heat issues,

Rick and Santeen both run a 2400 stall

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back