first performance mod???

Big B's SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been debating for a couple weeks bout the first performance mod i would like to do....i'm thinking catless mids and magnaflow catback....this i think would give nice hp gains and would make the truck sound so much better....being new to the SRT10 is this the right decision or should i do something else...all suggestions and advice is appreciated...by the way its a 05 quad cab...

The stage 2 is a Must for all quads! Right now you have a crappy detuned Computer that is robbing you 40ish horsepower. Get a Custom Pcm Flash from Dan At Dc performance and than go with Catback:rock:

Wildman

My vote would also be for the Magnaflow and catless mids. That way it can breath when you do add the Flash. You will love the sound.

Wade

I thought the PCM flash "required" mods. . . The PCM is tuned for the the mods that you have. If you have no mods, I see no point in a PCM. . . You'll need a reflash each time you obtain another mod. . .

Someone correct me.

I think the mids and catback would be a great place to start. Then the computer flash would be a great next step.

Enjoy the ride. :rock:

Roz-SRT said:
I thought the PCM flash "required" mods. . . The PCM is tuned for the the mods that you have. If you have no mods, I see no point in a PCM. . . You'll need a reflash each time you obtain another mod. . .

Someone correct me.
You can throw the stage II flash on at any point in the modding process. :rock:

a new stage2/pcm is the best bag for the buck for the QC...its only 4 screws and 3 plugs and takes 10mins to install and you have at least 40hp...........

Roz-SRT said:

Someone correct me.
when i bought mine i told dan at DC what i was installing and what gas i wanted to run (oct%)and he told me i would not need a reflash.........i did the p c m 1st and even be fore i did my other installs and it helped a lot....

Thanks Fred for being so clear on this subject:rock: I was going to say what you said But Decided not to because Everybody here would think i making a stupid comment or fact:dontknow:

Annu Kumar said:
Thanks Fred for being so clear on this subject:rock: I was going to say what you said But Decided not to because Everybody here would think i making a stupid comment or fact:dontknow:
i'm just repeated what i was told...................

See my sig for mods. On my '05 QC no doubt the DC Stage II was the best mod and I suggest as the first. With my bolt-ons no flash updates are required afterwards. No doubt.....best mod for the money and best I've installed so far regardless of cost was the DC Stage II.

oldguy

Thanks for the correction. . . For some reason I was under the assumption that a PCM was specific to which mods you have. . . :confused:

Thanks though! :rock: (I love this site!)

I've done the catless mids and Magnaflow, they make the truck loud and crisp, but will not give you a performance gain you can really feel.

What I have also done for less $$ is to install a VEC3 with the custom program card from Roe, that will REALLY wake the engine up and give you a performance jump you can actually feel.

Is a choice between wanting to increase image vs. performance.

Roz-SRT said:

Someone correct me.

Basic mods are covered in the pcm tune.Catback, Cai, catless mids.
Check with boomer or Dc to be sure :rock:

you can add the pcm with or without mods. the stageII is probably the best single mod for the quad cab. contact DC or myself if interested in the StageII.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back