First Post - New Memeber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

That's a nice Fast red Truck!:rock:

Not as fast as Black, but, fast!:D

Welcome VA. I am from VA as well. Newport News back in the 80's. Was just there earlier this month.

Dont worry about your screen name. There are about a dozen of us with a variation of VPRPWR on our plates......but only one Daniel with the screen name!!! LOL

patrick

I see a lot of X-Metal shifters mentioned. Do they really take care of the 2-3 shift as claimed? If I come out of 2nd at 6000 now, I might as well look in the glove box for 3rd, because it's not on the shifter anywhere!

I recently bought the Gen IV shifter and I can tell you it works. I think its impossible to miss. Downshifting is a bit more difficult but I've only put a few miles on mine since I installed it a few months ago. I lived in Leesburg, VA from '94-'98.

Welcome to the forum!!! ;)

Yes, the X-Metal shifter Gen II and IV can fix your shifting woes.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
I haven't looked at the logistics of it yet.
Can the shifter be changed through the floor pan or does the tranny need to come out?

VA VIPERAM said:
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I haven't looked at the logistics of it yet.
Can the shifter be changed through the floor pan or does the tranny need to come out?
From the inside, through the floorpan. It's easy.

3 bolts to remove the console
6-7 bolts to remove the rubber isolator cover
4 bolts to remove the shifter from the trans

I have an X-Metal GEN IV shifter for sale.

PM or e-mail me at [email protected] if you're interested.:)

VA VIPERAM said:
My first post on this site is sort of an apology to the existing "VIPERAM". When I bought my red '04 RAM SRT-10, I pondered over many license plate ideas and invented (I thought) VIPERAM, so I ordered it from DMV. Then, I found VTCOA today and tried to register as VIPERAM only to find that it was already taken. Being from Virginia, I decided I could be "VA VIPERAM". Nothing personal . . . just wanted my plate in my username.

Welcome to the forums... have a blast!:rock:

VA VIPERAM said:
I'm in New Kent, about 35 minutes from Newport News. We run the boat on the James down to Hampton several times each summer.

Welcome!! Stretch (amoparman) here. I'm down in Hampton. Give me a shout if you're ever down this way. Would love to meet up sometime!!

PM me if you would like my cell number.

Stretch

Welcome man! Don't worry about the sign on name, There are at least 10 variations of yellow fever on here. lol!

atleast u didn't use vprpwr ... u don't wanna be associated with that pig... actually I think he's a pig in training

oh yeah... welcome :)

Ylw-Fvr said:
Welcome man! Don't worry about the sign on name, There are at least 10 variations of yellow fever on here. lol!

Yea no kidding there is:
RumbL Bee
RMBL B
Yellow Bee
Thought I got a SRT-10 but ended up with a Rumble Bee
etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details