First time at the track 13.1sec 1/4

PhatPharmacist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some fun last night at San Antonio Raceway with this truck for the first time and made a few passes. I wasn't sure what to expect since on the street it fights for traction off the line. First pass was 13.5 at 104mph. The last two were 13.1sec at 107mph. Got a little video footage to share too. I wanted to see how it would run as is, so I didn't take anything off the truck, and had a 1/2 tank of gas. From reviewing the video, I squealed off the line every time but couldn't really hear it from inside. My 60foots were right around 2.0xx and rear tire pressure was about 25psi so I figure not too bad for street tires. So for the first time out with it, I had a blast. I wonder though if Caltracs would help any, as I've heard a few members have them installed.

SRT-10 1/4 mile video

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock:

yes on the cal-tracs. made a hell of a difference:rock:

for your to do list is Stinker's complete poly bushin kit. i'm still impressed with that mod. hooks great.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

yellowfever#154 said:
What is your stall on the converter?

Oldgyutsrt had it installed before I got the truck and seems to be in the range of the stocker and it also locks up after 45mph. Shifts are very clean and much firmer than stock too.

Also the truck weighs about 5600lbs, so with that and my current 1/4 time what would you estimate the rwhp to be? I haven't had the truck on a dyno yet so I don't have any numbers. A online program calculates it at about 535rwhp.

Last edited:
13.1 yikes,I ran a 13.71 on my truck with cat delete,SCT and a CAI,I'm putting a ROE on my built engine,and if its 13 anything I'm going to have an insurance claim!

Yellow venom said:
13.1 yikes,I ran a 13.71 on my truck with cat delete,SCT and a CAI,I'm putting a ROE on my built engine,and if its 13 anything I'm going to have an insurance claim!

Always remember that track conditions, mainly evelation and prep, will have a big effect on ETs........your truck may have been in the 12s if ran on Phat's track....drivers being equal...

i though it would have been a little quicker with the roe:dontknow:
Ferinhiet(sp) was running 13.2-13.3 on street tires with just exhaust, tune, and intake i belive

Yes I ran at the track in Academy about two hours away from San Antonio and my best time was a 13.1 at 106, but you know I only have tune, cat delete, and intake. We need to get your truck tuned asap so you can see your full potential. Hit me up - I still go to Biff's on Fridays.

Yeah, I was expecting it to be in the 12s. as Oldguytsrt had a best time of about 12.8 before he put on the supercharger at the track in Houston. Thing is that my first SRT-10, the red one, was all stock except SCT tune and catback with a best time of 13.9 at 98mph with similar track conditions at the same track, so for this truck the 13.1 is a big difference to me compared to the other truck. So here are a few other questions. As for tuning this thing, who is near the San Antonio area that knows these trucks? Also, do you think the weather had anything to do with it? The conditions were not ideal, It was just under 70^ and pretty humid with a fog rolling in. Not sure what the DA was either. Also, most cars were building up quite a bit of condensation on their surfaces. And lastly, how might 4.10 gears work on my current setup? Thanks for the info guys.

and if it was humid enough to get condensation on cars then there was dew on the track as well, and the humidity kills your power. who tuned the truck after oldguy put the blower on?

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
and if it was humid enough to get condensation on cars then there was dew on the track as well, and the humidity kills your power. who tuned the truck after oldguy put the blower on?

I think Sean helped to come up with a conservative tune based on current mods without sending the truck to him and being on his dyno, so no dyno tuning has been done yet.

PhatPharmacist said:
I think Sean helped to come up with a conservative tune based on current mods without sending the truck to him and being on his dyno, so no dyno tuning has been done yet.
then yeah i'd give ART a call, they can hook you up:D

PhatPharmacist said:
Yeah, I was expecting it to be in the 12s. as Oldguytsrt had a best time of about 12.8 before he put on the supercharger at the track in Houston. Thing is that my first SRT-10, the red one, was all stock except SCT tune and catback with a best time of 13.9 at 98mph with similar track conditions at the same track, so for this truck the 13.1 is a big difference to me compared to the other truck. So here are a few other questions. As for tuning this thing, who is near the San Antonio area that knows these trucks? Also, do you think the weather had anything to do with it? The conditions were not ideal, It was just under 70^ and pretty humid with a fog rolling in. Not sure what the DA was either. Also, most cars were building up quite a bit of condensation on their surfaces. And lastly, how might 4.10 gears work on my current setup? Thanks for the info guys.

Should for sure be in the 12s!! I ran that same 13.9 and 99mph BONE STOCK at our GTGa few months back. I have SCT tuned and CAI now and hoping to achieve what Farenheit did. I even thought he had a 13.06 at 106 on the M&Hs the same night I ran my 13.9 was against him. :dontknow:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i though it would have been a little quicker with the roe:dontknow:
Ferinhiet(sp) was running 13.2-13.3 on street tires with just exhaust, tune, and intake i belive

Yep, and the DR's gave me a best 13.04 on a very hot day in Temple, TX.:rock:

PhatPharmacist said:
Had some fun last night at San Antonio Raceway with this truck for the first time and made a few passes. I wasn't sure what to expect since on the street it fights for traction off the line. First pass was 13.5 at 104mph. The last two were 13.1sec at 107mph. Got a little video footage to share too. I wanted to see how it would run as is, so I didn't take anything off the truck, and had a 1/2 tank of gas. From reviewing the video, I squealed off the line every time but couldn't really hear it from inside. My 60foots were right around 2.0xx and rear tire pressure was about 25psi so I figure not too bad for street tires. So for the first time out with it, I had a blast. I wonder though if Caltracs would help any, as I've heard a few members have them installed.

SRT-10 1/4 mile video

PhatPharmacist, I ran a 12.82 at Ben Bruce Memorial Raceway Park in Evadale, Tx. and a 12.83 at Houston Raceway Park. On both runs I removed the tailgate, spair tire, back seats, jack, and glove box/center console content. Runs were made with less than 1/8 tank of gas. Mirrors were folded back. Rear tire (stock) pressure was 22. Front tire pressure was 50. I backed into the water box them spun the tires until they were gummy (had to clean rubber build-up from under fenders afterwards). I powerbraked and launched at 2200 rpm. Couldn't go full throttle immediately off the line but was full throttle quickly and through the trap. On the 12.82 I trapped at 108.75mph. On that run I had a 17mph tailwaind, air temp. was 47^, and if I remember right the density altitude was a negative number.

I ran a 13.1 at Houston Raceway Park with just the initial DC Performance Stage II tune (Big Red was out that night running his too).

Do the weight reductions, lower your rear tire pressure, raise your front tire pressure, heat up the tires, launch at something just above 2000 rpm, and with the supercharger I'd be surprised if you didn't get a 12.6 or better.

A reminder, when I sold you the truck I had Sean Roe's tune with the 5,500 rpm shift loaded. Whan I ran the 12.8s I was starting the shift at 5,850. The other tune on your SCT has those shift points. That makes a huge difference on time. You'll hit 4th well before you trap regardless.

Glad you're enjoying the truck. I miss it.

best to you,
oldguy

Just watched the video. Load the other tune for the track. That's definitely the low shift tune. I don't recall if I had it set for 5200 or 5500. Now that I think about it more, I thik it's 5200. Also, I had the low rpm shift put on the SCT as a replacement for the 98 octane/methanol tune that came on the SCT. If you're going to optimize at the track, may want to have Sean put that back on. Heat your tires up more. Launch at a higher rpm. One other thing I did before each trip to the track was to change the oil and filter. I swear it seems to run quicker on new oil.

Have fun. Be safe. I'm envious.

I have a local friend that has an '06 QC SRT10 that dropped by yesterday. At least I got to look at one close up......first time since May 15 when you drove off in mine.

oldguy

PhatPharmacist said:

SRT-10 1/4 mile video

I don't have any experience with Caltracs to have an opinion. I do know that with some minor changes you'll be into the 12s consistently. The last 20 or so runs I had on it, all were from the mid-12.8s to just over 13 but nothing bumping 13.1 (and on street tires.......I actually slowed down on M&H drag radials). Those were pre-Roe runs, and I outweigh you close to if not by at least 100lbs (approx. 0.1 seconds).

Enjoy,
oldguy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back