First time draggin the truck

Texas Yellow Fever said:
It does. I didn't get it either till I watched it in action, now it makes perfect sense. Picture a flat, blank piece of 4" X 7" piece of vinyl. The product has two layers, a layer of vinyl, that has adhesive on the back and the second layer is a backing that you peel off to expose that adhesive. We do the artwork for a given project on a PC, then send it (like you would to a printer) to a machine that cuts through the vinyl layer, but not the backing layer (pretty exact tolerances, no?) and as it does it cuts out the letters, or picture or whatever you're doing. Once that step is done you pull all the vinyl that you don't want off and throw it away leaving (in this case) just a few letters still stuck to the backing. Then you place a specialized masking tape type product over the letters. When you are ready to apply you peel the original backing off, exposing the adhesive, place the decal in it's new home and rub the letters through the making tape to put them in place. Once that's done, you peel the making tape off the face and viola, all done! That's how we apply individual letters with out having to worry about spacing and such details like that becasue the letters are all held in their intended position by the masking tape on the face of them.

Have you ever thought of a career as a Technical Writer?:congrats:

Django said:
I thought that the author requested this thread to be closed...?;)
D

eh....no worries. If it helps Steve start up another project to make a little extra scratch, that's cool. ;)

spdrcrj said:
eh....no worries. If it helps Steve start up another project to make a little extra scratch, that's cool. ;)

Pretty nice guy...........:congrats:

D

There're so easy to apply, I can do it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back