Floor it and nothing?

fursale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twice now my truck has failed to respond to a quick wot from idle.The first time it was a womp,womp,womp and I quickly let off the throttle and it resumed a perfect idle.Hit it again and was fine.
The second time it just acted like it was going to die so again let off and all was well.
Ok experts whats going on?:dontknow:

hmm wish i could help....I'm sure the smart guys will be up in a few more hours you guy's time.....

Sounds like could be tune related. If not, I would say electronic related (tps for example)

fursale said:
Twice now my truck has failed to respond to a quick wot from idle.The first time it was a womp,womp,womp and I quickly let off the throttle and it resumed a perfect idle.Hit it again and was fine.
The second time it just acted like it was going to die so again let off and all was well.

It sounds like you have a Valet tune in there.
Check into your throttle position sensor operation. A bad one may or may not trip a check engine light...
Have you made ANY changes to the truck lately?

fursale said:

Sounds like either the TPS(Throttle Postition Sensor) or MAP ( manifold absolute pressure sensor) both tell the computer you are snapping the throttle open. Leaning more toward the TPS as it is a problem with Chrysler cars and trucks. Does it ever hang at idle? Does it ever bob around at idle
(500-1000-750-1100-550 rpm wise)? You come to a stop sign/light, does the idle immediatly return to 750?:dontknow:

rottenronnie said:
It sounds like you have a Valet tune in there.
Check into your throttle position sensor operation. A bad one may or may not trip a check engine light...
Have you made ANY changes to the truck lately?
No changes at all.Still has the 93 octane tune from x-metal 2 years ago.

VENOMOUS1 said:
Sounds like either the TPS(Throttle Postition Sensor) or MAP ( manifold absolute pressure sensor) both tell the computer you are snapping the throttle open. Leaning more toward the TPS as it is a problem with Chrysler cars and trucks. Does it ever hang at idle? Does it ever bob around at idle
(500-1000-750-1100-550 rpm wise)? You come to a stop sign/light, does the idle immediatly return to 750?:dontknow:

It does move around some on occasion,maybe 500-650 but mostly steady.
Tried several times and could not get it to repeat.
Come to think of it both times were after extended idle like drive through.

fursale said:
No changes at all.Still has the 93 octane tune from x-metal 2 years ago.

You can do a voltage sweep on the t.p.s. or just replace it (2 screws). I would start there.

that would be most annoying if you were attempting a left turn across a busy street! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

fursale said:
It does move around some on occasion,maybe 500-650 but mostly steady.
Tried several times and could not get it to repeat.
Come to think of it both times were after extended idle like drive through.

I'll let other member chime in, but I think our factory idle is set to 750 on RC and QCs? Low idle is another TPS going out warning. I would check the voltage to it and watch it sweep with a multi meter by probing the middle wire on TPS and meters ground to a known ground. You should see around
.84-.86 volts with KEY ON/ENGINE OFF and at idle. While engine is off and key is on, the voltage should sweep cleanly from .84 - 4.5 volts as you slowly open the throttle via the throttle body linkage. You should see it go .84,.85,.86 etc. It may jump a few hundredths of a volt in between and that is normal. What is not normal is a huge jump or no movement at all.

Remove and clean your Idle Air Motor as well and clean it and the matching port in side the Throttle body as well to ensure a correct idle.
Good luck!!:burnout:

TNVIPER said:
LOL....:p ..yeah, that would explain it..

Dude.Though we were buds.Don't usually floor it to turn left,unless drifting.:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back