Floor jack and jack stands for the truck?

ericedelman

Reaction score
I need to buy a floor jack and some jack stands to use during a week long, 3500 mile race (see my signature). I don't think I'd be using it for much more than changing a tire or replacing front brake pads.

How much jack capacity do I need? (1.5 ton, 2 ton, 3 ton????)

Does anyone have a recommendation? I'd like to get an aluminum jack to save weight and all of those look like they came out of the same chinese factory. Nothing against china, but it does make it hard to choose.

Thanks in advance.

Check Harbor Freight they have a 3 ton aluminum that is very reasonable. They also have aluminum jack stands that I have 2 pair of, that are light and work great.

I can't speak for out about or at the track but in the garage I have 4 x 6 ton jack stands and a 3 ton floor jack. I also have 4 x 4 tons for when ever they're needed. Overkill? Yes, but it's something when overkill is AOK in my opinion and it beats having 2.3 tons of Dodge on your forehead. :laugh: Plus, higher the #, the more work room you get under there. :D

FSTJACK said:
Check Harbor Freight they have a 3 ton aluminum that is very reasonable. They also have aluminum jack stands that I have 2 pair of, that are light and work great.

a week late, but they were $50 on their side walk sale. HF has a 3 ton aluminum jack for 100. it what im using in the desert racing as a pit jack

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back