Flying low and fast

That's freakin awesome:rock: It is much cooler in person:elefant:

Love those low passes.

In DS I was up on the border of Saudi-Kuwait for 3 months. Our F-15s would do low passes along the berm all the time to f' with the Iraqis.

They were so low that you could see the pilots faces if you were looking that direction when they passed.They were moving so fast that you didn't see them unless you were expecting them though, lol. It was freakin awesome when the ground shook after they passesd. I'll never forget it. :rock:

:D

That is great for sure:) Great stunts.

One thing that most people do not think about. The top brass do not condone this type of showing off. Flying one of our best jets is a very expensive proposition and doing this type of activity can be viewed as a waste of tax payer dollars... Guess I have been around reprimanded fly boys too much:(

I still think it is amazing what our jets can do:rock: :rock: :rock:

-jeff

I can tell you for a fact that one of those videos is a very fond memory of mine....its the one with the F-14 flying between the aircraft carrier and the Australian Frigate...How do I know this....:D:D:D

Ahhhhhh....the good ole days of working the flight deck. Sometimes I miss it...then again its not so bad looking from up high!:)

F 14

KRAZYSRT10 said:
I can tell you for a fact that one of those videos is a very fond memory of mine....its the one with the F-14 flying between the aircraft carrier and the Australian Frigate...How do I know this....:D:D:D

Ahhhhhh....the good ole days of working the flight deck. Sometimes I miss it...then again its not so bad looking from up high!:)
Was working at Grumman here in NY a long time ago. Heard this loud noise that lasted about a second a couple of times. I asked one of the employed at the base, What the hell is that noise? Thats an F14 sighting in its 50 cal guns, (cant remember exactly) at a 100 rounds a second. They wouldn't let me see this but I remember that sound to this day. Talk about death and destruction. bobby mac

You have to

jelms said:
That is great for sure:) Great stunts.

One thing that most people do not think about. The top brass do not condone this type of showing off. Flying one of our best jets is a very expensive proposition and doing this type of activity can be viewed as a waste of tax payer dollars... Guess I have been around reprimanded fly boys too much:(

I still think it is amazing what our jets can do:rock: :rock: :rock:

-jeff
You have to let the beast out of its cage now and then.

I can't imagine being a pilot of a high performance fighter, and not at least once making a flat out low level pass some where!

Just too much temptation to pass up!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back