Fontana Results SRT-10..2 Lighnings..1

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a blast on only 2 hours sleep, I planned on getting to bed by 8pm and waking up at 3 am to drive to Fontana , but my son needed me to drive him down to Long Beach to lease a new MiniCooper, left the house at 6.45pm got back at 12:30, removed the seats from the SRT-10, got to bed at 1:15, woke up at 3:15, arrived at Fontana at 5:50am. Lost to my first Lightning, I never had a chance as he had a GT500 5.4 engine from Shelby, 3.4 whipple blower and has run as quick as 11.33...he could go quicker but doesn't want to put a roll bar in it. The second race was NOT a bolt on Lightning as he said he had a fully built forged motor and a 3.4 whipple at 15lbs, full slicks, and was white in color, he says he was ahead till the 1000' foot mark but you will see in the video and photos I was ahead all the way. I had a .034 light to his .315 light and the winning margin (from the time slip was .4028) a few truck lengths. The third race was against a Black lightning, he said was a stock motor and he had a Kenne Bell supercharger, also full slicks.....that race was a little closer than I had wanted....as I knew from earlier in the day the right lane was better than the left lane, I knew I was a little quicker so I let him have lane choice and he took the right lane. See, in the left lane my tach is to the left and tree is to the right and to watch both (rpm is critical with a stick shift as you all know) is tough to do. The black Lightning (Jose) had a .143 light to my .326 (I know, slow) and I was playing catch up the whole way and the winnig margin was just .0416. Here are the 3 runs.

Run 1 DA 1229, 60' 1.658 (right lane), 1/8th mile 7.600 @ 88.43, 1/4 mile 11.901 @ 114.60 (my best of the day). Silver Lightning 11.468 @ 118.44
SRT-10's 0 Lightnings 1

Run 2 DA 1703, 60' 1.765 (left lane), 1/8th mile 7.754 @ 89.82, 1/4 mile 12.064 @ 113.67. White Lightning 12.185 @ 109.52
SRT-10's 1 Lightnings 1

Run 3 DA 1838, 60' 1.754 (left lane), 1/8th mile 7.745 @ 89.20, 1/4 mile 12.055 @ 113.51. Black Lightning 12.279 @ 110.65
SRT-10's 2 Lightnings 1 We Win :congrats::congrats::rock::rock:

Last edited:
Trainman, you have this drag racing thing down to a science! Way to represent against the L boys.

nice, what were their excuses when the other 2 lost, even with full slicks and bigger blowers?

nice, what were their excuses when the other 2 lost, even with full slicks and bigger blowers?

No excuses, they were cool and complimented my shifting. I was mistaken that the white one had a 3.4 blower, he has a fully built motor and an aftermarket blower, I just don't know which one. The L guys were cool.:rock:

That's cool, seems most guys at the track are that way, I've never had much luck with the street racer guys.

On the street they seem to avoid me around here. Lots of people have seen me at the track and they all know the mighty red SRT-10.

No excuses, they were cool and complimented my shifting. I was mistaken that the white one had a 3.4 blower, he has a fully built motor and an aftermarket blower, I just don't know which one. The L guys were cool.:rock:

Yes the L guys were really cool. The friendly competition on the forums sparks GTG's like this. We get to put faces with names and have fun learning about each others rides. That's what racing is all about. We all had fun LEGALLY at the track not the streets. I do video/photo for basically free to reward the LEGAL races. Thanks Jerry for helping with the expenses!

Jerry the first guy in this next video is the same guy (John) that you ran first yesterday.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3d-Z7yBymU]Irwindale June 3 2010 L SD Cut - YouTube[/ame]

Nice job Jerry, wish i could have made it, nice job representing. Like I said before, the track L,s are always cool, the street racers are the crybabies or shit talkers.

Perfectly performed powershifts! Right foot never lifts. Stab clutch and shift.

I can vaguely remember those back when my stang was still N.A.

Ive told you many times about my ADD :D. About where in the vid can I see it?

Nevermind I watched it. Looks like how I drive my mustang. :)
Why dont you host on youtube in hi-def? Whats the redline on a 10?

Its right at the first, not too far in. It shows me shifting the lever and then a second run showing the tach only drop about 1,000 rpm between shifts. Redline is at 6,000. I shift at 6,000 each time. If you watch the second part of the video you'll see a classic run from 2006 when the truck was full 5,000 weight against a white Lightning. All I had was headers, race cats, magnaflow, 4.56 gears, tune, and drag radials. Listen for the track announcer when he says "Now for your FAST pickem-up truck, watch the white one, Ford Lightning F-150".
The shifting part starts at :36 seconds, the race starts at 3:53 in the video.

Last edited:
Ive told you many times about my ADD :D. About where in the vid can I see it?

Nevermind I watched it. Looks like how I drive my mustang. :)
Why dont you host on youtube in hi-def? Whats the redline on a 10?

Youtube is really strict on music and they deleted over 30 of my vids. I can only post music that I have rights to use now. The Foat should be able to host Hi Def soon. Besides the FOAT is the facebook of drag racing and anything to do with engines or vehicles.

BTW the Lightning video will be ready in about an hour to see.

Back