DSC00641_resize.jpg

Ensenada.jpg

HarleyBarCabo1.jpg

HarleyBarCabo2.jpg

HarleybarCabo3.jpg

ElRosario.jpg

and where the bike ended up

DSC00612_resize.jpg

It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown hehehe.

You did a nice job on the Kev, I'm sure he was real happy with it. Only thing it seems to be missing are some Rhineharts heheheh.

Can never pass up a good chance to post pictures of the Bike! i relaly need to get a good picture of the jockey shift set up
Picture244.jpg

Picture243.jpg

Picture247.jpg

an an Btw Orange is my fav color!

i need to get some newer pictures lol these are really really old lol i'v got new handle bars and alot less stuff harley put on the bike that i'v taken off getting that old school look to it

he was going to go with the rhineharts then when he got to the shop he had vance and hines :dontknow:

was kind of worried about the bike making the trip but he said it ran awsome. i only got like 50 miles on the bike before it made it's 1000 mile trip to cabo. nothing like a 4 day ride deep into mexico to brake in a new motor.

Tooloe said:
i need to get some newer pictures lol these are really really old lol i'v got new handle bars and alot less stuff harley put on the bike that i'v taken off getting that old school look to it

I think Harley really hit a home run on the new design for the Sportster. :rock: I'm not a "cruiser" kinda guy, but I would be more than proud to own a Nightster. :rock:

Black1 said:
I think Harley really hit a home run on the new design for the Sportster. :rock: I'm not a "cruiser" kinda guy, but I would be more than proud to own a Nightster. :rock:
Here you go, Jake.

Inspired by the XR-750, the most dominating American dirt track racing motorcycle of all-time, the Harley-Davidson XR1200 is now poised to boost adrenalin levels on streets, roads and highways around the world.
The XR1200 is a powerful new Harley-Davidson hot rod motorcycle that was initially designed and launched only in European markets in April 2008. With the high degree of interest and passionate reception surrounding the bike's European release, as well as demand from Harley riders and competitive brand owners alike, the XR1200 is now being launched in all markets.
Drawing significant styling influences from the successful Harley-Davidson XR-750 motorcycles that set new standards for dirt track racing success over the last 30 years, the XR1200 features technical innovation to provide potent street performance and handling. In fact, Harley-Davidson dirt track racing legends Scott Parker and Rich King participated in the XR1200 development.
"The XR1200 is an exciting motorcycle with an aggressive attitude," said Bill Davidson, Harley-Davidson Vice President, Core Customer Marketing. "This bike will provide the performance and distinct style demanded by uncompromising riders. In fact, hundreds of XR1200s were ordered by enthusiastic customers before we really even promoted it."
The successful dirt track legacy continues today as Harley factory rider Kenny Coolbeth won his third straight AMA Grand National Twins flat track championship on the XR-750 in 2008. While distinctive racing paint and graphics on the XR1200 will catch the eye, Harley-Davidson racing tradition and influence are clearly evident in the bike's key features, design and style.
The 1200 cc Evolution V-Twin engine with its high 10.0:1 compression ratio, performance cams, downdraft fuel injection, precision-cooled cylinder heads and large capacity oil cooler cranks out 90 hp with high torque. Rubber mounted to a new frame with a cast aluminum swingarm, the engine delivers exhilarating performance and responsive handling with less vibration. A unique upswept, high-volume 2-1-2 straight shot exhaust system includes dual mufflers and is finished in satin chrome.
A sport-tuned Showa(R) suspension with inverted 43 mm front forks and twin preload adjustable shocks combines with lightweight black cast three-spoke wheels to make the XR1200 ride and corner with feeling. Specially designed Dunlop(R) Qualifier D209 tires connect the rider to the road, while Nissin(R) four-piston large disc front brakes provide stopping power.
Additional racing influences on the XR1200 include details like dirt track style bodywork, wide black low-rise handlebar, a 29.2-inch seat height and aggressive riding position. Rearset foot pegs provide additional cornering clearance with a 39-degree lean angle. The compact instrument cluster combines a digital speedometer, white-faced tachometer, dual trip meter and clock.
The XR1200 is available in Vivid Black, Mirage Orange Pearl and Pewter Denim colors. The Harley-Davidson hands free Smart Security System is optional in North America. North American MSRP is $10,799.

XR1200 features and highlights:
Isolation-mounted XL Evolution 1200 cc V-Twin engine with silver
powdercoat finish
Downdraft Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Electronically controlled active intake system
Precision oil-cooled cylinder heads
90 peak hp @ 7000 rpm (per SAE J607)
68 ft. lbs. peak torque @ 3700 rpm (per SAE J607)
High performance designed tubular mild steel frame and cast aluminum
swingarm
Black three-spoke lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 18-inch front / 17-
inch rear
Specifically developed Dunlop Qualifier D209 tires
Wide black dirt track handlebar
Styling and graphics inspired by the legendary Harley-Davidson XR-750 dirt
track racer
Upswept, high-volume brushed stainless steel 2-1-2 straight shot exhaust
system with satin chrome finish
Nissin dual front brakes with four-piston calipers and 292 mm patented
uniform expansion rotors
Sport-tuned Showa suspension with 43 mm inverted front forks and pre-load
adjustable twin rear shock absorbers
Rearset foot pegs for additional cornering clearance
29.2-inch seat height with standard passenger pillion and foot pegs
Optional Harley-Davidson Smart Security System
Aircraft style aluminum alloy fuel filler
Unique compact instruments with white-faced tachometer, digital
speedometer, dual trip meter and clock
3.5-gallon fuel tank

Harley-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces heavyweight motorcycles and a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at http://www.harley-davidson.com.
SOURCE Harley-Davidson

OCBob said:
I've been riding in Mexico, it's great. I would like nothing better than to cruise to Mexico and then just keep heading south!

yeah i'm affraid i'd have to be "packing" to go that deep into mexico lol

Black1 said:

man i love my nightster yeah yeah it's pretty much a sportster but since i'v add the apes, Jockey shift, lowering kit , Stage 2 PCM, High performance Clutch's ..... dude it runs like a bat out of hell it'll yank the wheel off the ground in 2nd if you nail it in the right spot..and i'v had more people as me if my bike is an old pan head than i can count... yall are gonna make me go take some more pictures cause the bike looks 100 percent diffrent now lol

DODGE01 said:
Man thats a sick bobber you got going on.Here is my bike when i had it old schoolView attachment 31146.And man i would love to go rideing in mexico

thank you and man that looks bad ass! lol i want a softtail or a duce just so i can chop it up lol

Last edited:
Black1 said:
I'm not a "cruiser" kinda guy, but I would be more than proud to own a Nightster. :rock:

it happened just like bob told me it would, once i ride a road glide i would not want to ride anything else. there just that smooth. i was going to buy a used 2005 and rebuild it but now i am thinking of just waiting a few more months and buying a 2009.

OCBob said:
Here you go, Jake.

Haven't seen that one before.... That's pretty cool! But, I thought BUELL was the "sportbike" Harley? :dontknow: (Picture below, for reference. :D )

lgharley_davidson_xr1200_sportster_prototyperight_rear.jpg

Although, what really gets me about the "Nightster" is the old-skool bobber looks. :rock: Love all the use of brushed aluminum and flat black. It'd look SWEET with a set of drag bars and some black header-wrapped Hell Bents. :) ;) Something like..... this.....

nightster_april_08_DSC_0082_900.sized.jpg

Last edited:
Black1 said:
Haven't seen that one before.... That's pretty cool! But, I thought BUELL was the "sportbike" Harley? :dontknow: (Picture below, for reference. :D )

lgharley_davidson_xr1200_sportster_prototyperight_rear.jpg

Although, what really gets me about the "Nightster" is the old-skool bobber looks. :rock: Love all the use of brushed aluminum and flat black. It'd look SWEET with a set of drag bars and some black header-wrapped Hell Bents. :) ;) Something like..... this.....

nightster_april_08_DSC_0082_900.sized.jpg

If that sporty was inspired by the XR750 (or the XR1000) t would have more than a paint scheme :( Hell the exaust is even on the wrong side:( ;) :marchmellow:

Attachments

• show_image.jpg
    show_image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 25045079.jpg
    25045079.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back