Ford Lightning question

dragon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone here know if the Ford Lightning is an auto or manual? i have never seen one up close. are they like the RC and QC in the rams where one is manual and one is auto? do they even make a QC lightning?

thanks dudes

Don't hate on me, but I just don't know. Are they POS's because of quality or manufacture defects? Or is this because most of us do not really care for Fords? I haven't even been too close to one so can't speak of fit or finish of these trucks. Just curious...

There not POS....The quality is just not that of the SRT....Very nice looking trucks and they look menacing when tucking slicks.... I think its always great to have some competion no matter what brand wether it be ford, nissan or chevys...

there is 12 svt lightins an 3 harley supercharged trucks. countless 4dr roush trucks in a 3 county radius....... ONE SRT-10 all mine:top:

Streetgliderx said:
there is 12 svt lightins an 3 harley supercharged trucks. countless 4dr roush trucks in a 3 county radius....... ONE SRT-10 all mine:top:
Totally agree that our trucks are kings by a long shot. But that does not make the Ford a POS. Just curious.

more mods, better mods, cheaper mods, less weight > not POS

for 20k your could buy a good L, and mod the crap out if it...for $30k you would have enough to buy and L and smoke the supertanks time...at the end of the day its all about speed, and save for a few trucks here and L is a better deal...even thought they are ass ugly

all auto's 93-95 gen 1's are 351ci and are not supercharged. gen 2's are 99-04 supercharged auto's, the hd's were not all supercharged. they did not supercharge till the 03-04 year of the HD's, also they were running 2lbs less boost. 6 vice the 8 lbs of the lightnings. I had an 03 lightning and loved it. it's down side was it's brakes were weak. The suspension was great, and it loved the mods and the mods were reasonably priced.

FerrariTruck said:
There not POS....The quality is just not that of the SRT....Very nice looking trucks and they look menacing when tucking slicks.... I think its always great to have some competion no matter what brand wether it be ford, nissan or chevys...
On our way to Macon, a Tundra 5.7 pulled up next to me and looked over at me. Must of seen the Viper Powered badge on the hood cause he stopped like a dog that reached the end of his chain.:D

BurntRubber said:
more mods, better mods, cheaper mods, less weight > not POS

for 20k your could buy a good L, and mod the crap out if it...for $30k you would have enough to buy and L and smoke the supertanks time...at the end of the day its all about speed, and save for a few trucks here and L is a better deal...even thought they are ass ugly

I almost got one awhile back, and they can be made quick for cheeper than our beasts, but there like a mustang around home anyway. Every corner you turn you see one. The 10 is way sexxxier anyway.:D :rock: :burnout:

Great trucks.....VERY mod-friendly. Well, the rest of comments....just bullshit posted by narrow-minded people that think the SRT is the only thing out there.

Kinda sad actually that someone asks a question about another brand and it becomes a bashfest. What did some of you actually drive before 2004?? Let me guess.....a 1958 Dodge.......:dontknow:

slow91 said:
Great trucks.....VERY mod-friendly. Well, the rest of comments....just bullshit posted by narrow-minded people that think the SRT is the only thing out there.

Kinda sad actually that someone asks a question about another brand and it becomes a bashfest. What did some of you actually drive before 2004?? Let me guess.....a 1958 Dodge.......:dontknow:

No we had the original port truck, THE DUDE of course.:D

slow91 said:

i agree totally i had a 99 f-150 before and i really like fords, but i test drove a lightning and then i test drove my truck, end of story:D

slow91 said:
What did some of you actually drive before 2004?? Let me guess.....a 1958 Dodge.......:dontknow:
No.....a 1997 Dodge Ram SS/T. But I was looking at the Lightning until Dodge announced it was coming out with the SRT.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i agree totally i had a 99 f-150 before and i really like fords, but i test drove a lightning and then i test drove my truck, end of story:D
I traded in my 04 Lightning for my 04 Viper truck.The L is a very nice truck,Just a little small inside.Mod.friendly,And very affordable.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back