Ford Lightning question

Django said:
There are NO Lightning QCs....
D
The Harley Trucks were Ford rendition of the Lightning with four doors. It was slightly detuned but so is the SRT-10 QC. I've looked at a number of them too. Just haven't brought myself to buying one.

WEll here is my opinion:

The L
Cheaper in Cost
Cheaper in Modding
Exterior is upto Par
Interior not so much feels very cheap
All SC (Sounds Awsome)
They are every where

1. The regular L
2. THe HD truck
3. Saleen (NOw these trucks are true POS's)
4. Rousch (QC)

THe 10
Very expensive (They were)
Expensive to mod
Exterior is awsome
Interior fits like a glove, very well built
500 HP from Factory
Rare to most people

I personaly would take the 10 over the lighting. I traded my 02 lightning for the 10. The 10 just drives better (IMO) It turns more heads. The lightning was sweet though it turned heads when that SC winds up. But for me the SRT gets a 10 and lightning a 9 IMO.

not bias here, I like both trucks but for the bang factor I have to say the srt-10 additionally the 6 speed is fun. The only 2 reasons I dislike lightnings are
1. any idiot can mash a petal down to the ground and go, driving stick takes some skill other than mash (not calling automatics useless or the owners of autos all idiots but some of us know what I speak of.
2. the mods are so cheap and theres 50 million options for those things. Theres no challenge to build that truck, just like a mustang. I find it to be boring when you dont have to think a little out of the box to attain a goal in a build. To many people take for granted all there options on these trucks because to many parts are easily available. Hell, They probably have the reverse flush action toilet seat replacment for the driver seat coming out soon for that truck.

otherwise its a f150 to me with a supercharger no indifference either way.

SilvrSRT10 said:
The Harley Trucks were Ford rendition of the Lightning with four doors. It was slightly detuned but so is the SRT-10 QC. I've looked at a number of them too. Just haven't brought myself to buying one.

Here's one for you... like I've said I've owned a Gen 2 Lightning since '99. I need a QC truck. You don't see me buying a low-mile, pristine Harley Davidson. I just don't like them. The seating is not nearly as supportive as the Lightning, and the handling stinks. Granted, I'm comparing it to a RC truck...so maybe that's not fair.

BUT... I got an SRT-10 QC and passed on the HD, even though I'm much more familiar with modding them. My SRT-10 should be here TOMORROW! :marchmellow:

WA 2 FST said:
Here's one for you... like I've said I've owned a Gen 2 Lightning since '99. I need a QC truck. You don't see me buying a low-mile, pristine Harley Davidson. I just don't like them. The seating is not nearly as supportive as the Lightning, and the handling stinks. Granted, I'm comparing it to a RC truck...so maybe that's not fair.

BUT... I got an SRT-10 QC and passed on the HD, even though I'm much more familiar with modding them. My SRT-10 should be here TOMORROW! :marchmellow:
You made a very wise choice.:congrats:

Bill.

Flip side of the coin

Ive driven two different Lightnings but never a SRT10, matter of fact the first time I sat in one was last weekend in Macon, Ga. What I can say is this. There are a lot of really, REALLY fast lightnings out there, some pushing 700 to 800 hp. And the automatic while not as fun as the 6 speed in the Dodge makes up for the 115hp uderdog status on the dragstrip (13.36 at the Reynolds, Ga strip). I like the blower sound mixed with the v8 sound too. But of course a nice roots style blower on a v10 cant sound bad either.

I could buy either one but Im going with the Dodge because its as close to a Viper as I can get at the moment, and I still like having a truck that I can put random crap in the back of.

I wish ford would raise the bar like chevy did with the corvette/viper battle so that dodge will put out a new 600hp Ram SRT10. Nothing like a little competition to make things interesting....

who gives a crap, This is a SRT web page, you want to wave the Ford flag, go to a lightning web page.
I bought a Dodge SRT 10, Not a Freaking Ford Lighting. It not a dick comparing contest here, if it was, the SRT 10 would win here brother.

iraqivet01 said:
who gives a crap, This is a SRT web page, you want to wave the Ford flag, go to a lightning web page.
I bought a Dodge SRT 10, Not a Freaking Ford Lighting. It not a dick comparing contest here, if it was, the SRT 10 would win here brother.
We have those???:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :D :D :marchmellow:

SilvrSRT10 said:

Sorry, Big Dave.

But, in actuality an HD is still an HD and NOT a Lightning....

There are no Lightnings with 4 doors...........

There are HDs with four doors.........

D

mr. anderson said:
all auto's 93-95 gen 1's are 351ci and are not supercharged. gen 2's are 99-04 supercharged auto's, the hd's were not all supercharged. they did not supercharge till the 03-04 year of the HD's, also they were running 2lbs less boost. 6 vice the 8 lbs of the lightnings. I had an 03 lightning and loved it. it's down side was it's brakes were weak. The suspension was great, and it loved the mods and the mods were reasonably priced.

Slight correction; the HD's became supercharged in 02. Mine made 622 at the wheels and would absolutely destroy a large number of the trucks here in the 1/4 mile. With that said, I am on my second SRT10 and would not have any other truck at this point. In my opinion exclusivity > speed.

Django said:
Sorry, Big Dave.

But, in actuality an HD is still an HD and NOT a Lightning....

There are no Lightnings with 4 doors...........

There are HDs with four doors.........

D
If your just reading the badge on the fender then your right. But the HD trucks had a slightly detuned version of the Lightning engine and a different interior. I did say it was Fords rendition of a four door Lightning. In any event, if you wanted a Lightning with four doors, the HD truck was the closest thing to it.

Lightnings are sweet in my not so humble opinion. I was looking at one real hard, but being a family man I had to go with a QC. Sorry, I'm not the H-D type so having a QC with H-D badges out the ass was out of the question.

That being said if Ford had a non-HD QC with a 5.4 with a stout/Cobra/forged bottom end I'd consider it. The Lightning's are quick with bolt-ons but have a pretty soft bottom end, Ford should have gone forged like they did with Terminators previously (with 4.6s) and with the GT500s (with the 5.4s) now. On a QC that 4.6 is a smallish motor and the temptation to up the boost would be too high and would seriously risk the bottom end, especially with all the additional load from the increased weight, etc.

Are there Crew/QC (or whatever Ford calls a 4-door F150) S/C H-D out there that will beat up on a stock Ram SRT10 QC out there? Sure. With bolt-ons. Ummm, OK. Tuned with bolt-ons? Uhhh, not sure sure. With headers and mid-pipes? Not as likely. Stock for stock an H-D 4-door S/C F150 is gonna get it's azz handed to it by a QC SRT. Comparing modded to stock is like arguing on the internet, you may "win" but it's still retarded ...

I have owned an 04 L & I got a 04 RC 10. I can tell you that the 10 will eat it. Handling is better on the 10, but the L is lighter

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back