Forum Member Really Hurting Today

K-80-123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife Vickie is into English Bulldogs and she like to show them at various dog shows....I bought her our 1st Bulldog his name is Spike....He has been the best dog I have ever owned he was our 1st to become a champion...Spike was defiantly Vickie's dog he followed her everywhere she would go.....he loved to sit on the sofa with her and put his head in her lap....we affectionately called him "bud".

Well this morning Spike came upstairs when I got up to say hi....he was breathing seemed like he was congested but he looked up at me I scratched him and then he jumped up on the sofa....seemed fine when I left for work.....I get a call this morning when Vickie got up she said he was having trouble breathing.....before I could get home he died in Vickie's arms.

This is a very sad day for me and my wife......RIP Spike

IMG_0001.jpg

100_0002.jpg

sorry to see this....:(

A lot of bulldogs have problems breathing sooner or later.
Sad with this champ it was fatal....

Really sorry to hear this Walt. The last year or so has been a real bitch for you and your family.

RIP Spike.

Sorry to hear Walt. Dog looks awesome!

Was it congestive heart failure? My parents dog just died the same way and that was the problem.

sorry to hear about that walt. thats a beautiful pic of him. awesome breed of dogs. they have a lot of character.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Walt.

If it's any consolation to you (and Vickie), maybe think about the AWESOME life you provided for Spike.
No one could have given him more.

R.I.P. Spike

So sorry to hear about your loss Walt....:( :( I t is always hard when our pets are leaving us for the other side...

RIP...Spike

Stefan...

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about so many of our members pets dying lately, dealing with the lost of a pet is a very painful time.
Its the down side to owning a pet.

Bill.

I am very, very sorry this happened. I am sure your wife is quite traumatized by this, just let her know it wasn't her fault.

May God comfort you all..... It's just so devastaing to lose a loving member of your family.

Spike is now sitting comfortably on your front porch in heaven... Just waiting for you to come home.

God bless you....and RIP, Bud.....

D

Thanks for all the kind words.....that dog was truly part of our family and he will be missed by all those who knew him.....I am just sick about this....he was fine yesterday and this AM he dies....we think he aspirated some fluid into his lungs......my poor wife is a wreck.....Spike was her 1st English Bulldog and our best one......I loved him.

I have been in meetings all day and all I can think about is him....can't believe when I get home he won't be there to greet me............I am so Sad.

Walt

Spike was 6.5 years old.

God Bless your family! Spike will be waiting for you.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back