Fram Tough Guard filter's....Good or Bad?

JRSVIPR said:
Do you have a part # for the one you are using?

Yes, but it goes along with the metal housing you purchase. Filters are separate from the housing.

The housing goes where the stock filter used to be. It unscrews and you place a filter in it. Tighten back up. So the housing doesn't go anywhere. Filters are disposable.

Label info:
26-100
CM-45 Element for Long 8 Micron Oil Filter Single
CantonRacingProducts.com

The gasket kit which I haven't had to replace yet is 26-852 (5541208007)
UNIV CM BILLET SPIN-ON
OIL FILTER SEAL KIT

I took a pic give me a little time to download it.

Bone said:
Label info:
26-100
CantonRacingProducts.com

UNIV CM BILLET SPIN-ON
OIL FILTER SEAL KIT

Thanks Bone.

Here it is side by side with a standard filter.

Remember, this is just the filter not the housing. Housing is on truck now.

Probably better for the environment too, being that you are not throwing the metal housing away every filter change.

The filter is strong enough you can stand on it and it will not crumble.

Attachments

• Canton_small.jpg
    Canton_small.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 35
Stinker said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

yep!

and kickin I usually give out free oil filteres every year at panama, so your ass needs to be there:D
man i got ripped!!!!!! All I gots was a t-shirt! I thought you loved me stink!!!:dontknow:

Bone said:
Here it is side by side with a standard filter.

Remember, this is just the filter not the housing. Housing is on truck now.

Probably better for the environment too, being that you are not throwing the metal housing away every filter change.

The filter is strong enough you can stand on it and it will not crumble.

Good stuff... BMW has been using a design like that since forever. :)

Bone said:
Label info:
26-100
CantonRacingProducts.com

UNIV CM BILLET SPIN-ON
OIL FILTER SEAL KIT

I've got that set up stuck in my SRT10 parts bin. Never installed it...:banghead: My only concern at this point is the dreaded oil filter vibration/moan. I tried a K&N years ago and had the moan so I know mine is prone to the problem. Might have to pull it out and give it a go on the next oil change.

If I go to the dealer for the oil change what else are they looking at or topping off when my car is there? I want to change my own oil but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything by doing it myself.

Do it yourself. This is the easiest oil change vehicle I have owned. Dealer doesnt do anything else.....cept charge you $100 more than doing it yourself.

No fram...mopar only.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Do it yourself. This is the easiest oil change vehicle I have owned. Dealer doesnt do anything else.....cept charge you $100 more than doing it yourself.

No fram...mopar only.

patrick
Definitely do it yourself:rock: ...It is very easy...$50 vs $150 the only truck I've done one that is easier was my diesel b/c it was lifted and the oil filter was more like a cartridge on top of the engine...

I used the Fram Tufguard too and so far no problems....Supposedly they're good filters, better than most you find at the parts store...:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back