FRIENDLY DEBATE...

mopower1958 said:
Chain them back to back on the pavement and may the stronger truck survive:D :D :D

I stand corrected, that would be a fair test I suppose...LOL!!! Of course then one guy would bitch because the other guy had newer/more tread on his tires or some such excuse...there's no way to do it objectively or convincingly.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I stand corrected, that would be a fair test I suppose...LOL!!! Of course then one guy would bitch because the other guy had newer/more tread on his tires or some such excuse...there's no way to do it objectively or convincingly.

I am afraid you are right. After driving my new toy around last week, I enjoy getting in my truck,cruising around, being able to run 13's without fear of hurting it. :D

Texas Yellow Fever said:
On this site, that's an oxymoron...:p ;) :D :burnout:

My thinking is there's no good way to compare the two objectively.

Kind of like a friendly knife fight.;) May the loser die.:D :p

I have stayed out of this dog fight of friendlies:D

But neither can be truly said unless two identical trucks with different systems with the same driver under the identical conditions track so on.

BUT

We will get a good idea in Bradenton Fla at the Heffner challenge.

We will have all types there, from the paxton, the Roe, Nos, turbo, and Na, and they all will have slicks or DR's.

But that still will not end the arguement:D

Forget the track....forget racing....

You want FI.....??....

then you need a good tuner.....

Go to the tuner you are going to be using and go with the system that they believe in....

You live close to Roe....

You live close to DC or Boomer

there is your answer....

Excuse me if I'm too effin ignorant to participate in this purely academic argument... But that's really all it is..... It's kinda like asking whether Batman could beat the livin' shiite out 'a Superman or if Ali would beat Mike Tyson with both men in their prime....

Everyone with any power in these trucks knows that traction and driving skills in an RC means just about everything..... It's hooking up over power numbers.....

Certainly one might equalize the dilema of resolution by saying something like" all things being equal" or if "both drivers run slicks"... But "things being equal" is about as elusive as the unicorn.

In my opinion, there's no absolute answer to this question............ It could be proven one way in the first race and go the other way in race #2..... Watching the race would be a helluva lot more fun than an exercise in opinion and conjecture......

SD

Mopar National Showdown!

hell yeah sounds like a wiener...cant wait till the nats. we'll let roktman officiate:D

Silent D said:
Excuse me if I'm too effin ignorant to participate in this purely academic argument... But that's really all it is..... It's kinda like asking whether Batman could beat the livin' shiite out 'a Superman or if Ali would beat Mike Tyson with both men in their prime....

Everyone with any power in these trucks knows that traction and driving skills in an RC means just about everything..... It's hooking up over power numbers.....

Certainly one might equalize the dilema of resolution by saying something like" all things being equal" or if "both drivers run slicks"... But "things being equal" is about as elusive as the unicorn.

In my opinion, there's no absolute answer to this question............ It could be proven one way in the first race and go the other way in race #2..... Watching the race would be a helluva lot more fun than an exercise in opinion and conjecture......

SD
Superman and Ali, no question about it....:D

RedSrt007 said:
ok, friendly debate...

The TSTM makes gobs of tq at low RPM, so it will get off the line faster, as tq is what gets you moving.....Now once it is moving, the tq curve of the paxton will start to really show its true colors. We are talking about 2 differant animals, so its hard to compare them equally.

I would say something like a 1/8 run, the TSTM would show its colors, but in the 1/4 I think the paxton would come back. Another downside with the TSTM is its non-intercooled, where the paxton can get the cold charge (on top of the water-meth) which is a big advantage.

My humble opinion...not starting any wars :D
one thing you forgot to mention in the drag race-traction is a premium in these trucks, and a tstm will only enhance that problem, where as a Paxton will allow the truck to "spool-up" and get moving a bit.
another issue-you truck is in the staging, creeping along, waiting your turn to race, the entire time, the truck is heat soaking, and the big v-10 intake manifold with all of its mass is compiling heat also. the TSTM, compresses its charge IN the intake-this makes for more heat that is that much harder to cool, also since the TSTM compresses its charge in the intake, the engine still gets a gulp of hot air, even with meth injection, because the Meth is sprayed thru the air filter. pass after pass, thru out the day, the Paxton is more consitant.
the Roe unit is great for a dailey driver, butif you want all out potential, then the Paxton might be your choice.
a Paxton has the capabilties (with our heat exchanger) to drop the boost temps down so much that higher boost levels can be achieved with out detonation. plus the Paxton is a step-up gear driven turbo basically, which allows it to run so much faster than the crank (up to 70,000 rpm or more) thats its more capable of supporting higher boost, CFM and HP levels.

Last edited:
Im gonna side with boomer on this issue of heat soak. The Roe suffers the same problem that my e55 mercedes did. When you add more boost with a smaller pulley, the heat generated only worsens the problem, especially without an efficient intercooler. The air charge is sandwiched between a screaming hot s/c and a hot intake.... how can this be efficient without a SERIOUS intercooler to help? Meth may drop temps somewhat, but not enough to negate this problem.The roe unit has NO intercooler.
I saw firsthand NBT's runs at the track, and I have to throw this in....... Yes, he WAS suffering traction problems... but his trap speeds of 104-108 do not lie.... SOMETHING other than traction is robbing power. STOCK trucks (rc) run those kind of numbers. You couldnt believe how hot the s/c was after a run, so in my opinion...... HALF way down the track (1/8) that thing is already generating enough heat to KILL the power, and times.
Adding more boost to that thing is NOT going to help.... I'd bet the times would get even worse. When I added 3 pounds of boost on my benz, the dyno showed more..... the track showed less..... upgraded the intercooler..... BAM, 50+ hp/tq mystically appeared!
This is not a twin screw bash at all..... its been proven to be a winner.... but I'd bet some money that the winners dont have intake charge temps over 175 degrees.... and I bet the current roe setup with meth is MUCH higher than that even..... :confused:

Last edited:
BOOMER said:
another issue-you truck is in the staging, creeping along, waiting your turn to race, the entire time, the truck is heat soaking, and the big v-10 intake manifold with all of its mass is compiling heat also. the TSTM, compresses its charge IN the intake-this makes for more heat that is that much harder to cool, also since the TSTM compresses its charge in the intake, the engine still gets a gulp of hot air, even with meth injection, because the Meth is sprayed thru the air filter.

Agreed. What would be an interesting comparison is the side mount version of the Roe system. This would allow for intercooling, and help negate much of the heat soak issue inherent to the TSTM design. We saw a one-off build of this months ago, but who knows if this is slated for actual production.

1Fast400 said:
I ran 3 runs back to back to back. I drove down the return road, into the waterbox, did a burnout and down the track again. I had the entire track to myself. I made 3 runs within 5 minutes and a total of 8 runs within 30. I never slowed down from a previous run, when doing those back to back runs. There was no heat soak issue with my truck. If there was, I would have lost at least .2. This was when the water/meth was having issues and not coming in.

My first run was within 10 min of getting at the track. We unloaded the truck, smacked the big slicks on and went into the water. We were loaded up and gone from the first day of testing within 1 hour from when we pulled in and I made 8 runs that day.
I thought your SC was not a top mount???

Nowwhat said:
Forget the track....forget racing....

You want FI.....??....

then you need a good tuner.....

Go to the tuner you are going to be using and go with the system that they believe in....

You live close to Roe....

You live close to DC or Boomer

there is your answer....

:dito:

I already know some of these answers...from the V-10 nats, and watching the Viper fellas running the multitude of modded rides they have..... Paxton's, Roe's, Twins, Strokerr's, Nx....and the multitude of combinations....but I am not telling...and I rather enjoy the anticipation....makes great chit chat.:dontknow: :D
Plus the trucks are in a league of their own...so it remains to be seen...

I will tell you at the end of the day at the Nat's ....Everyone was pretty happy with the build they had....and it only took one mistake( red light, break out...ect) to be out.

Really is going to be a fun isn't it?:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back