Front and Mid Plates are finished

Silverback said:
Looks very professional Jack.:rock:

Are you going to retain the power steering? I have to wonder how the stock pump will hold up in those conditions?

Actually, that reminds me of another question. Do you have a projected redline?

Oh well, as long as I'm asking questions. Going to run a vacuum pump for the crankcase?

I will go away now and await your reply.

The power steering is going to stay. I have tried to turn the wheel with the key off with the skinnier tires and I cannot do it without straining.
The pump will be changed over to a car unit without the added hydraulic fittings for the fan.
A 16" electric fan will be used instead of the hydrostatic stock fan.

Redline will be around 7600 RPM, if we do not have to twist it that tight we will not. I would like to keep it under 7200 if we can, and run the number.

The scavenge side of the dry sump stack has 5 pickup/scavenge pumps, and as so will pull a vacuum on the crankcase without an external vacuum pump. It will pull enough vacuum that we might even have to put a bleed to let air in.

This might get me whipped but did you look into big block HEMI crate motor insyead of the V10?

Manic If ya gotta ask ,you wouldn't understand :dontknow:

Jack
The plates look even nicer than you described ,keep going you will get there .
:rock:
Pix are nice ,but kinda blaaaa so just finish it up and come pick me up for a ride :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Have A Kind Day
Mike

pe·nul·ti·mate adj. Means: Next to last.

It is often misused.

Prof said:
This is the penultimate build!

Everyone of us should follow this build with our minds and eyes focused very carefully...there is lots to learn here, and much to gain even while sitting anxiously on the sidelines.

I still go back to Jack's original engine plan every week or so, it helps me "stick to the knitting"...

The truck build is as follows;

"Engine;

CID 526
Darton Sleves
JE coated pistons
CA Fire Rings w/3piece oil ring
Oliver Rods
Billet Main Caps
Forged destroked non twist crank, radius ground and nitrided
AcuFab 90mm air doors on tin manifold w/ cast end pieces
Twin Turbos (Projected 22-26 lbs of boost)
Intercooler
Stainless and aluminum plumbing to be done by Richard, Richards Performance Muffler.
Dynomax 4" Race Mufflers
Stryker Heads
Custom grind billet solid roller camshaft
Jessel roller lifters
Jessel rockers
Crower push rods
Contectec gaskets
Daley dry sump, W/12 QT tank & heaters.
110 Enderle mechanical fuel pump
Fuel surge tank
160lb Injectors
Custom breather system
Front & mid plates
AC deleat
Maxima fully Synthetic oil.
Engine Built by Kevin Singleton Exotic Engine Development
Tuned by Dan Cragin & Chris Jensen DC Performance

Donato Engineering, transmission adapter

Transmission & Converter

Mikes's Ultimate Vasco Comperition TH400 W/trans brake
Neal chance bolt together PorMod Converter.
Transmission cooler.
Mikes Transmission Fluid.

Precision Performance Products air shifted shifter.

Beard Ultra leather seats"

HOLY HORSEPOWER!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Too cool, Jack! You're making progress!!! ONe question, are those GenII valve covers? Oh, and please don't forget to paint that rack before you put it all back together...I've seen 3-4 pictures of our trucks that show the rack and everyone of the looks the same, including mine....a little paint would sure make a difference...

Steve those are Gen 11 valve covers, they are on there just for mock up so the exhaust can be built. The block and heads are just dummy loaner parts.

Thanks for the heads up on the rack painting, I have been looking at it for a long while now and never thought of painting it.....:idea:

Progress 3/14/2007 = doubled the limit on credit card.

The intercooler core came in today 41.5" X 11.5" X 3.5" and Richard is going to fab up the mounts for it. He will also install the inlet tubes and outlet tube.

Turbos should be finished at Turbonetics this week and then to the coater and then to Richard, so he can build and mount the exhaust system and turbos.

The Intake manifold is about 3-4 weeks out at Hogan's.

Rockin Ronnie said:
With all of that listed...what kind of numbers are you getting???

I stopped adding things up when it got to 150,000.00. I am saving all the receipts but don't really want to know untill it's running.....;) .....:D

Jack, it has been my experience that adding up what you have in a project not beneficial to you or the project.

Just go with the flow, and stop spending when your refuse to go any farther, hopefully this comes at the end of the project.

Bill.

Get your driving shoes on Bill, I think you may be driving my truck this weekend!

Just a deep down feeling...I am planning on coming over early next week, as soon as you sign off on the "Stinker Rear End" (lets call it the Detroit Locker SRE for SRT 10's)...

Roy

Prof said:
Get your driving shoes on Bill, I think you may be driving my truck this weekend!

Just a deep down feeling...I am planning on coming over early next week, as soon as you sign off on the "Stinker Rear End" (lets call it the Detroit Locker SRE for SRT 10's)...

Roy

Good news, Proff gets his guinnea pig back, and bill is upgraded to official "TRUCK TESTER".

All is good for the world.

Prof thanks again for letting your truck live at DTS for so long a period, so the rest of us could get our rear ends. You DA MAN.

Or anytime right after you make your final run at Nationals right Stinker?

Would be nice to have two truck in the 8-9 second range now would it???

Prof said:

Roy

Here is a picture of Bills Platform driving shoes so his feet reach the pedals.;) :D

Bill you aren't going to take that laying down are you....ohhh, sorry.

FSTJACK said:
I stopped adding things up when it got to 150,000.00. I am saving all the receipts but don't really want to know untill it's running.....;) .....:D

Ouch............speed cost lots of money!!!!:burnout:

Awesome Jack...........I remember when you use to drive that truck!!!:D ;) Gonna be quite different this next time around!!

We are excited with you dude!!!:D

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back