Front Lower Control Arm - Where do you find the stamped part number?

2005ViperRam

Reaction score
As many of you know I want to convert my lowered truck back to factory height.
My question is if you buy used front lower control arms how do you actually know you are getting a factory SRT-10 front lower control arm?
I have researched many topics here on the forum and read on one thread saying the Ram 2500 front lower control arms look identical to the SRT-10 arms and they recommend using those. Another thread said the SRT-10 are special, and a Ram 2500 might work, but is not correct (not sure what the difference is).
Is there a part number stamped somewhere on the arms so I can verify I am getting true SRT-10 part? I hate spending the time & effort by not putting in actual SRT-10 parts. So many scammers out there just trying to protect myself.

My question is if you buy used front lower control arms how do you actually know you are getting a factory SRT-10 front lower control arm?
I have researched many topics here on the forum and read on one thread saying the Ram 2500 front lower control arms look identical to the SRT-10 arms and they recommend using those. Another thread said the SRT-10 are special, and a Ram 2500 might work, but is not correct (not sure what the difference is).
Is there a part number stamped somewhere on the arms so I can verify I am getting true SRT-10 part? I hate spending the time & effort by not putting in actual SRT-10 parts. So many scammers out there just trying to protect myself.
Have you checked out the sticky post with the factory manuals in it? That MAY have that info

Sticky thread under general discussion forum

X2builders should have the factory parts … just might need to clean them up and paint them. Check the stick on the manuals for factory PN#s …

X2builders should have the factory parts … just might need to clean them up and paint them. Check the stick on the manuals for factory PN#s …
I looked at the part numbers in the online manual.
For the 2005 the Lower Control Arms are:
05290560AB - Right
05290561AB - Left
Then I raised the truck and looked everywhere for those stamped numbers. I don’t see any. I used a mirror and didn’t see any on the top either. If you were a part number, where would you want to be stamped? ~lol

05290560AB - Right
05290561AB - Left
Then I raised the truck and looked everywhere for those stamped numbers. I don’t see any. I used a mirror and didn’t see any on the top either. If you were a part number, where would you want to be stamped? ~lol
Oh wow now that's a great question! Wonder if you could ring X2builders and ask if they know where it's at?

Oh wow now that's a great question! Wonder if you could ring X2builders and ask if they know where it's at?
Great suggestion.
I will be giving them a call..just out of curiosity.
But 1st let me say I need to get my head out of my butt. Those part numbers will not be on mine because mine are the lowered arms, not the factory originals. Geez, I can’t believe I wasted 1/2 of my day looking for a part number that would never be on mine. God, I can’t believe I did that!!!!

Last edited:
Great suggestion.
But 1st let me say I need to get my head out of my butt. Those part numbers will not be on mine because mine are the lowered arms, not the factory originals. Geez, I can’t believe I wasted 1/2 of my day looking for a part number that would never be on mine. God, I can’t believe I did that!!!!

Oh snap! Hahahaha why didn't I think of that hahahaha!

That right there just made my day! Sorry you wasted that time too looking for them but thank you for making me laugh by sharing - i can feel your pain lol and it's funnier than heck!

I saw a pic of one on here that's not very clear almost looked like it may have had a sticker of sorts on it.

05290560AB - Right
05290561AB - Left
Hahaha ! That’s a tough question but my bet would be stamped in the best hiding place ,,, in plan sight hahaha

Great suggestion.
Hahaha , we all know that feeling

I thought it was hilarious that he searched hi and low and better yet he confessed so we could join him in laughter :p:D:D
A sign of a good sense of humor hahaha !

That obvious we both noticed !

No im going to go look for the factory control arm part numbers on my truck hahaha
Oh that's funny! When you find them it'll make all that work he did seem more worthwhile :D

Great suggestion.
Are you sure the arms were changed to lower it? I thought it was just springs most of the time but I could be wrong...

Oh that's funny! When you find them it'll make all that work he did seem more worthwhile :D
I’m still looking since last night ,, no sleep ! Oh damn I was at the rear looking for the part numbers on the leaf springs hahaha My bad ! Ok time fo move to the front .. Damn part numbers are very elusive hahaha !

I’m still looking since last night ,, no sleep ! Oh damn I was at the rear looking for the part numbers on the leaf springs hahaha My bad ! Ok time fo move to the front .. Damn part numbers are very elusive hahaha !
Hahahaha! I bet you were a rotten kid! A benefit of growing up with brothers - hahah

Hahahaha! I bet you were a rotten kid! A benefit of growing up with brothers - hahah
Hahaha ! Not really I was the good brother that always helped out and volunteered my expertise . But I won’t say what that expertise was . I do love to test the gullible types hahaha ! One of my favorite was to have an extra ignition condenser charged up and sitting on the fender cover .. then ask them to hand it to me hahaha .. I would also dare them to light a firecracker and hold it till Ka boom hahaha ! See I was very helpful.. I taught the great lessons in life .. I’m was the best brother anyone could have hahaha !

Hahaha ! Not really I was the good brother that always helped out and volunteered my expertise . But I won’t say what that expertise was . I do love to test the gullible types hahaha ! One of my favorite was to have an extra ignition condenser charged up and sitting on the fender cover .. then ask them to hand it to me hahaha .. I would also dare them to light a firecracker and hold it till Ka boom hahaha ! See I was very helpful.. I taught the great lessons in life .. I’m was the best brother anyone could have hahaha !
Yep I knew it! Hahahaha

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back