Front sway bar

sgtjc03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings all, and thanks ahead of time for your consideration regarding this. I searched a bit regarding front sway bar issues. Not sure if I was complete enough, so pardon me if I didn't catch the relevant info. Anybody have this happen to them? Checking brakes and rotors on the front today and noticed this. The link between the sway bar and the A Frame had popped off at the A Frame. Looks like it had been that way for quite a while. Need a new link. Looked at a thread regarding a Hotchkis set up. Best fix? Whole new set up?

Attachments

• swaybar.JPG
    swaybar.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 176
Yeh, I definitely need mine. Advance auto can get em for ya and they are lifetime warranty.

Thanks for the tip, Trussman. I am online at Advance Auto now, and they are in stock, but would take a few days to deliver. They sell Moog and Driveworks brands, at pretty decent prices. I'll check into having something delivered.

Last edited:
I hear good things about Moog products, esp their upper and lower ball joints. They aren't fully enclosed like our stock ones are so that way you can grease them up periodically and don't have to fully swap them out like OEM joints. Can't speak for swaybar links though

I removed my front sway bar and haven't looked back since. :burnout:

Mine too, BUT these guys saying they don't notice a difference are full of shiat! If your truck sees any twists and turns it'll body roll like a mofo!! Especially quad cabs;)
Helps the control arms droop on launches without it though, aiding unweighted transfer to tires ;):burnout:

Mine too, BUT these guys saying they don't notice a difference are full of shiat! If your truck sees any twists and turns it'll body roll like a mofo!! Especially quad cabs;)
Helps the control arms droop on launches without it though, aiding unweighted transfer to tires ;):burnout:

You aren't kidding! That was the first thing I noticed was the way it launched. Dropped my street tire 60 ft. to 1.959!! I am hoping to pull a 1.8x before going to stickier tires.

Hey everybody, thanks for your input. I ordered the Moog replacement kit. I will definitely keep the sway bar on, and will eventually add a rear sway bar as well as "leveling" the truck. As much as I like to punch it and get up to freeway speed in a hurry, I want the handling to be top notch. But that will be a whole other post, as I seek some advice from everyone here.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back