fuel fill issue

jfs49858

Reaction score
wondering if anyone has ever seen this issue was filling up yesterday and it was a little cool out so I left truck run when I started to fill it the pump kicked off so I pulled the nozzle out and the fuel was right at the top of the filler there was only a 1/4 tank in the truck well the fuel just sat there I shut the truck off and it ran right into the tank.
I bought this truck about 4 months ago its a 05 cc 35k miles and just doesn't seem to have the power it should it shows everything is workig as it should. It feels boggy i've removed the cat's put in a 170 deg themorstat hardened pushrods new cam and crank sensors plugs coils etc. But it still feels as though the cat's are plugged any help would be usefull
Thanks Jeremy

Fuel filling is common . the rollover ballcheck is stuck in the up position. best way to fix it is to be extremely patient and get it completely full. it should float and lower slowly don't over fill it after you get it back. get the codes to see whats up with performance did it come with an sct tuner?

Turning the engine off is a safty issue. Gas fumes explode! 10 plug wires dual firing is a lot of sparks!
Will it fill up corectly with the engine off?

filled fine as soon as i shut truck off it was as if the tank was being pressurized and it does not have a tuner

You may have an issue with the vapour recovery system. Your vehicle will start fine in the cold.....don't leave it running when you filling up. We shut our vehicles off at -40 and there are no issues. (Buy a new battery if you need one).;)

Maybe try running the truck with the fuel cap loose or off & see if it runs any better. If air can't get into the tank as the fuel is consumed it will definitely give you a running problem. Otherwise if the fuel tank fills fine when the engine off I wouldn't worry about it.
You're going to need a tuner to get anything out of the cam swap or any mods. New mod = new tune.

wondering if anyone has ever seen this issue was filling up yesterday and it was a little cool out so I left truck run when I started to fill it the pump kicked off so I pulled the nozzle out and the fuel was right at the top of the filler there was only a 1/4 tank in the truck well the fuel just sat there I shut the truck off and it ran right into the tank.
I bought this truck about 4 months ago its a 05 cc 35k miles and just doesn't seem to have the power it should it shows everything is workig as it should. It feels boggy i've removed the cat's put in a 170 deg themorstat hardened pushrods new cam and crank sensors plugs coils etc. But it still feels as though the cat's are plugged any help would be usefull
Thanks Jeremy

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f18/my-tuck-biggest-mistake-my-life-3062/..............I think it is time to resurect this one from Back in the day!! could explain your power issues

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back