Fuel pump

rare03srt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question: So since my truck is a 03 ram with a 05 srt10 engine do you think i need to change my fuel pump? I bought a SRT10 pump but i guess the tanks in the two trucks are different. The ring on top that holds the pump in is different....Should i just switch the accually pump in the whole unit? Is the fuel pressure regulator up top different?

Question: So since my truck is a 03 ram with a 05 srt10 engine do you think i need to change my fuel pump? I bought a SRT10 pump but i guess the tanks in the two trucks are different. The ring on top that holds the pump in is different....Should i just switch the accually pump in the whole unit? Is the fuel pressure regulator up top different?

These trucks require 58 - 60 psi. I would get a fuel pressure gauge on there and make sure it's putting out the proper PSI at WOT. The fuel pressure regulator is acctually in the top of the fuel basket. So, if the basket for your 2003 ram has a fuel pressure regulator set at 45 psi, then u need to change it. If it's puttimg out 60 psi at WOT, then I think ur okay.

These trucks require 58 - 60 psi. I would get a fuel pressure gauge on there and make sure it's putting out the proper PSI at WOT. The fuel pressure regulator is acctually in the top of the fuel basket. So, if the basket for your 2003 ram has a fuel pressure regulator set at 45 psi, then u need to change it. If it's puttimg out 60 psi at WOT, then I think ur okay.

Ok cool thanks bro. So maybe i can just put the srt10 fuel pump and regulator into my basket and call it a day then. Could i hook up a fuel pressure gauge to the valve on the fuel rail? or would i need to add it inline somewhere?

Ok cool thanks bro. So maybe i can just put the srt10 fuel pump and regulator into my basket and call it a day then. Could i hook up a fuel pressure gauge to the valve on the fuel rail? or would i need to add it inline somewhere?
You could do it on the valve in the fuel rail

What kinda mileage are u expecting. Stock I was happy when I got 10..that's out of the throttle!

by RockAuto, there is only one fuel pump for the Viper Truck. Carter P76259M.

several different ones for the 2003 Ram with 3.7, 4.7, 5.7 or 5.9. but none with that part number

yeah i bought the srt10 pump first without thinnkin they could be different lol. I gotta get the tank out again soon and just mess with it.Thinkin the best idea is gonna be switch out the accually pump and regulator outta my basket.

Thanks for spending the time to look that up though bud

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back