Fugazy

SRT2SLOW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
recently I bought some rear poly bushings to put on my truck. i took the rear leaf spring and replace the back bushings, when i went to replace the ones on the shackles the poly bushings didnt fit. I called belltech to order new bushing but they said the oem ones should fit. I ended up buying a new set of rear shackles and when I received them today I compared them side by side. there was a physical and weight difference i noticed right away. I called belltech to verify my old part. they told me to snap a couple of pics and email it to them. they also told me all their products are stamped with the belltech logo not stickers. so im guessing it not a official belltech product. this was there response back.

I also notice a slight bent to old shackles as well. when I installed the new ones on the truck I had to push over the leaf spring a little for them to line up. I put the old one back up to see if it would line back up and it wouldnt. I am guessing this was one of my suspesion problems ive been having for a over a year now. the back end was swaying back and forth at highway speeds. its hard to tell the bend in the shackles from the pics but they were. and the bushings were shot. I only had them for 3 years on the truck and I dont drive it in the rain or snow. has anyone else ever heard of twisted shackles?

Were they advertised as Belltech from JTSVP? Something isn't adding up. If Belltech says they should use OEM bushings, and they said the ones in the pic aren't theirs, why do they have belltech stickers on them?

Efrain since there seems to be a theme to this, you purchased the kit on 8/31/2010 I have only and always used belltech shackles and there flip kits because of there quality, which is above all others, I order them thru keystone my distributor which in turns gets them direct from belltech.
they come in kit form. I will call belltech direct tomorrow and see if I can get this straightened out. I checked the ones I have in inventory and they are all stamped, what they did three years ago may have been different. Anyone such as yourself if they have concerns on any of our products such as this are more then welcome to call me personally at anytime. My shop number as well as my personal cell is listed all over.

It's confusing how Belltech themselves said it isn't a shackle they have made. Either they are giving you a downgraded product, or you used a non belltech item. It is clear to me that both shackles are machine welded, but one is clearly different then the other. I can't imagine Belltech changing the design of a shackle a few years later like that.

Hey guy I know when I bought them too. but why did the bushings took a dump and brackets twist after 2 years. I've been having this problem for a while now but couldn't figure it out.

Regardless of what brand shackle you have, a bent shackle will cause a number of problems. Pulling one way or another (high speed sway)!!!

Jtsvp kit, has bell tech shackles?? I thaught it was a custom made kit not a put together kit from other manufacturers products??:dontknow:

According to belltech those aren't their shackles:dontknow: even though they have a belltech sticker

I just got off the phone with belltech, I spoke with chad whom has been there 6 months so I got transferred to the upper side of management, which he says they do no label there shackles, but that many distributors may , since the shackles will fit many different applications

I have outnumbered truck in here with him actually at the shop today for a few more upgrades, he purchased his about the same time as Efrain, we crawled under his truck and his also has a label.

I do have a call into keystone to see if they can tell me anything, but as said Rons also is labled, any questions about this authenticity and you may contact outnumbered also.
I included a pic of his below.

With that said, not knowing where those shackles came from, if you wish to send them back to jtsvp, and they are indeed not belltech shackles I will gladly send you a new set at my cost.

as said , I am trying to get ahold of keystone now to see what is up with this, I don't use any other shackles but belltech alone.

Now why the bushings wore out I have no idea, I don't have the truck in front of me, there could be many reasons.

but as said, you are more than welcome to return them, if they are not indeed belltech I will replace them, my number is 704-234-7598

the shop address is
jts venom performance
6266 Denver industrial park rd
Denver nc 28037

Attachments

• IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 70
What puzzles me tho tony, and you might be getting screwed as well, is that belltech says their shackles accept stock bushings, but the set E has use a different bushing and the pic you posted has belltech stamped in the shackle, along with a sticker. E's only has a sticker that says belltech. You may be getting sold a imitation tony, thus passing it along unknowingly. That would also explain why the bushing rotted away so quickly.

What puzzles me tho tony, and you might be getting screwed as well, is that belltech says their shackles accept stock bushings, but the set E has use a different bushing and the pic you posted has belltech stamped in the shackle, along with a sticker. E's only has a sticker that says belltech. You may be getting sold a imitation tony, thus passing it along unknowingly. That would also explain why the bushing rotted away so quickly.

Very good point! Paying for name brand quality and getting china made imitation!
It's good that Tony looked into it and sorting it out! :rock:

What the kits include are posted on his website.
The front coils he had made just for our trucks.
The rear blocks he cuts in house and can also do custom sizes if need be.
U-bolts no clue where they come from, but were alot bigger than my old X-metals.
Some kits include Energy Suspension brand bushings and bumpstops.
Shackles are Belltechs. That is listed on his site under the QC kits as well as listed individually.

U-bolts no clue where they come from, but were alot bigger than my old X-metals.
Shackles are Belltechs. That is listed on his site under the QC kits as well as listed individually.

Ahhh, okay. Thanks!

Oh ok, I wouldn't know that, cause I haven't been on his site since it was first started alooooong time ago. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back