Future owner

BecauseRacetruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been drooling over the SRT10's since they first came out, I've been reading VTCOA for a while but couldn't resist the urge to register any longer even though I don't own a 10. Hopefully 2012 is the year I'll get to make one of these beasts mine, I've been watching an 05 RC on Craigslist for a while just working out my down payment right now. Fortunately the demand for 9 MPG vehicles like these is low and hopefully it'll still be there when I'm ready for it.

Welcome to the site .... GOod luck on the upcoming buy

Welcome, a RC will do better than 9mpg, mine gets about 17 on the highway and 11-12 in town

Thanks guys, I've been reading this site for a while, mostly to do research and planning on mods, after buy I'm looking at running a Volant CAI, JTS TB, JTS shifter, full clutch upgrade kit from Roe, Caltracs, LT headers (undecided brand) and catless exhaust and a tune of course. I may consider some other upgrades if I have $$$ left over, my plan is to pad the loan with an extra 5 grand for upgrades, prioritize mods I want, and see how far I can make it go.

I'm not gonna touch the motor or add forced induction for a long while, honestly probably not until after I get her paid off, so probably looking at about 4-6 years. :(

But my goal is to run in the 12s and I think that should be satisfactory.

Dan what's your 1/4 mile time? I'm not good at guessing 1/8th to 1/4 conversions but I would guess with my planned mods and also seeing vids of Trainman's runs I shouldn't have too much trouble cracking into the 12's... especially if I can get my hands on a set of street slicks for the summer months. :)

Sounds good to me, does anyone know what Caltracs will do as far as street ride and handling goes, I'm also looking at the JTS venom "ultimate handling" 1/2 kit, I'm not into the low rider thing at all but I have dreams of doing laps at the track in addition to just drag racing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back