Gallbladder Removal

Are things really not going well? I wish you guys the best bro!

Thanks. Things really aren't going well. This didn't turn out to be normal gallbladder removal surgery. At this point, we are just hoping the infection doesn't spread and for no bile leakage.

Thanks. Things really aren't going well. This didn't turn out to be normal gallbladder removal surgery. At this point, we are just hoping the infection doesn't spread and for no bile leakage.

Damn bro sorry to hear this. Prayer still coming y'all's way :(

We are finally home. She's on bed rest until Monday. Assuming all goes well between now and then, we'll see the surgeon one last time then so he can button things up. Thanks again for all the prayers.

Glad to hear that! Hopefully it's a speedy recovery. Prayer sent.

My girl go's for her 2nd day of therapy this morning. I think it's harder for her emotionally not being able to do the things she's use to. Also loosing her pride & joy PT Platnum that was a gift from her father. She's also upset about not being able to find a decent replacement car for the $6K the ins co gave her. I'm not so worried about the car as her health but you know how woman can be.

My wife had hers removed a few months ago. It was a day surgery deal (thanks to insurance company trying to save money). She took her meds afterwards and ate what was advised. Now she's doing very well. She eats what she wants. Before the surgery she had issues eating lots of simple things. Finally the pain from the stones and GB itself got so bad that the bladder had to go... No other way... Depending on the discomfort or pain levels, I think you should go forward with it Cave if the surgery is for you (I didn't read the previous posts bro).

UPDATE: I just read the previous posts. Sorry to see it was your wife Chris. You're right though, being in the hospital like that sure reminds us how little power we have over these things. Glad to learn that she came through. Has the infection gone away? I don't remember seeing anything about it.

Last edited:
My wife had hers removed a few months ago. It was a day surgery deal (thanks to insurance company trying to save money). She took her meds afterwards and ate what was advised. Now she's doing very well. She eats what she wants. Before the surgery she had issues eating lots of simple things. Finally the pain from the stones and GB itself got so bad that the bladder had to go... No other way... Depending on the discomfort or pain levels, I think you should go forward with it Cave if the surgery is for you (I didn't read the previous posts bro).

UPDATE: I just read the previous posts. Sorry to see it was your wife Chris. You're right though, being in the hospital like that sure reminds us how little power we have over these things. Glad to learn that she came through. Has the infection gone away? I don't remember seeing anything about it.

I'm glad to hear your wife's surgery went well, Anthony. My wife is headed back to the doc this morning. She has been in bed, with a drainage tube, since we got home on Friday. Yesterday morning we started seeing signs of the infection again. I didn't take her into the ER because we had an appointment already scheduled for this morning. Hopefully the infection we are seeing is easily manageable.

My wifie just had her's removed 2 months ago .It got so inflamed it attached itself to one of her kidneys and they had to scrap it off her kidney .The Doc that did it came out to the waiting room and showed me freaking pictures .He looked at me funny when I said I don’t want to see that shit just tell me she is ok .She ended up in hospital for 4 days after.And she made every nurse in that place miserable lol

My wifie just had her's removed 2 months ago .It got so inflamed it attached itself to one of her kidneys and they had to scrap it off her kidney .The Doc that did it came out to the waiting room and showed me freaking pictures .He looked at me funny when I said I don’t want to see that shit just tell me she is ok .She ended up in hospital for 4 days after.And she made every nurse in that place miserable lol
Did they end up opening your wife up, or were they able to complete the surgery laparoscopically?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back