gas issue, need help asap

LOL....must be that missing spot. Something has to go to it. Just gotta look around. I know one line goes to top of gas tank....feel around up there and see if its missing. Might make sence why your tank isnt filling up correctly also. Could be the breather line or something....its a PITA but you can lower the tank with a jack and look up there or unbolt the bed and move it back a foot or so

well i just filled the tank yesterday so ill drop the tank when its near empty again....which will probably be tomorrow, haha. How hard is it to unbolt the bed? how heavy is it to move?

unbolting the bed is pretty easy. Never did my truck but i just did my buddys silverado recently and it was like 4 or 6 bolts and two of us lifted it and moved it back enough to get to top of tank. He had a full tank to thats why we did that. If your tank it pretty empty just drop the tank. There is two bolts that hold the straps in and then you have to remove two hose clamps that go to the fill neck on your bed

Easy Snakes, the plastic piece with no hose coming off, is SUPPOSED to be that way! Only reason to go onto the tank is to change out the pump. Go to your parts store and rent a fuel pressure tester and make sure it stays about 60psi at all times. I really think something other is giving you issues. No codes or check engine lights?

actually I think you need a two screw fix

the two screws outta the tag and put it on a new truck

or fix the loose nutt behind the wheel

man if you cant put gas in your truck , seriously you need to drive a prius

Prius hmmm hold on Bro there is better car out there then honda , and it's called a smart car lol

haha funny, maybe if its a smart car more of ya'll should drive them and wouldnt worry about how fill up a truck with gas hahahahhahaha

it dont take much to fool anyone that lives in the freezer , your mind is allready froze, from the yellow of your truck it seems there is a loose nut behind the wheel you really need to fix:elefant:

Ooo that's why we got things called hats . They keep your mind from freeIng all that way . Like this time of the year we start to melt so give me a week or 2 to melt all the way them I'll send you answer .

Easy Snakes, the plastic piece with no hose coming off, is SUPPOSED to be that way! Only reason to go onto the tank is to change out the pump. Go to your parts store and rent a fuel pressure tester and make sure it stays about 60psi at all times. I really think something other is giving you issues. No codes or check engine lights?

the only codes i have had were evap leak small and evap leak large, but the last one i got was about a 3 weeks ago. This issue with high gas mileage and the tank not accepting gas only started 2-3 days ago.

the only codes i have had were evap leak small and evap leak large, but the last one i got was about a 3 weeks ago. This issue with high gas mileage and the tank not accepting gas only started 2-3 days ago.

Get the evap system fixed it is related to the check valve in the fuel filler tube. If yours is all balled up it could be what is giving you fits when your trying to refuel the truck. The EVAP systems on these trucks blow. I have had mine leak three different times and had it fixed at the dealer. If your EVAP canister is all screwed up it could be causing the check valve to close which would keep you from being able to fill the tank up.

Did you ever find the problem? If so, please tell... My truck is doing the same thing, I am suspecting the check valve. I cannot put gas in unless it dribbles in. I also have the same evap codes. I have taken the canister out, checked it over and all looks good.

Did you ever find the problem? If so, please tell... My truck is doing the same thing, I am suspecting the check valve. I cannot put gas in unless it dribbles in. I also have the same evap codes. I have taken the canister out, checked it over and all looks good.

Yea He fixed it!! He traded the truck for an evil EVO !!:D:D:dontknow:

A couple years ago I had the same problem....slooooww to fill. I ended up removing the fill hose from the tank and jostling the check valve just inside the tank. Didn't have to move the bed or drop the tank.

Just to give an update, I did find and fix the problem. I had water in my evap system. The canister, tubes to and from the canister and the Leak detection pump all had water in them. Took it all apart, off the truck and blew the water out. Today I successfully pumped fuel into the truck. I feel much better now. :)

Now to get some new ps hoses... urg

I sometimes get the same problem if you let the tank get too low. I usually hold the gas nozzle 3/4's way out of the fill hole and hold the gas handle about half pressure. Then when I fill the tank I go down a bumpy road or lots of speed bumps at about 70mph.lol Just kiddign I do go over speed bumps semi-fast though and it helps loosen whatever gets stuck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back