gas issue, need help asap

Snakes709

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok if and when i fix this issue im selling the truck because this is retarded.

Over the past few days i noticed my gas mileage getting worse. Usually i avg about 21.8L/100km (think thats around 11mpg). But lately its been going up and up. Thought it was the tune but its not. So i took it for a drive to see when it was going to stop going up....it wont stop, i finally gave up when it reached 52L/100...thats about 3mpg. So i went to a gas station to fill up and i cant fill the tank...the gas comes right back up the pipe with bubbles. I could only hold the nozzle with the gas dripping into the truck so it would come back up...i finally gave up after 5mins and only getting $15 worth of gas.

I checked the gas tank and their is no holes and i checked the engine and its not leaking there. Why the hell am i getting 3mpg and cant fill the tank?

Ok if and when i fix this issue im selling the truck because this is retarded.

Over the past few days i noticed my gas mileage getting worse. Usually i avg about 21.8L/100km (think thats around 11mpg). But lately its been going up and up. Thought it was the tune but its not. So i took it for a drive to see when it was going to stop going up....it wont stop, i finally gave up when it reached 52L/100...thats about 3mpg. So i went to a gas station to fill up and i cant fill the tank...the gas comes right back up the pipe with bubbles. I could only hold the nozzle with the gas dripping into the truck so it would come back up...i finally gave up after 5mins and only getting $15 worth of gas.

I checked the gas tank and their is no holes and i checked the engine and its not leaking there. Why the hell am i getting 3mpg and cant fill the tank?

There is a spring-loaded check valve in the filler neck. Sometimes they stick and you can only trickle gas into it. They are replaced as a unit (dealer item).
IF you were actually getting 3 m.p.g. your truck would smoke like a diesel and run BADLY.

Well i was getting 27L/100km and still going up so i reset it and drove around for awhile but it wouldnt get below 50L/100km...it would barely drop when driving...got down to 48L but then soon as i slowed down i just watched it go up. And that was in a 70kmh zone with no stops for awhile. The engine is running fine so thats the weird thing. Would that check valve cause bad gas mileage?

Last edited:
Wonder if it has anything to do with the lower octane gas u were using?

havent used lower octane since Feb. and since then i have ran sea foam and 94 octane through the truck.

you have to just , patiently, fill up the tank alittle at a time and try to over fill it! that will reset the ball check in the filler neck! they do stick so try not to fill the tank to full when you fill it up.. the sloshing will jam the ballcheck! don't depend on the trip computer for gas milage it is only a guide . the best way isto set the tripometer to 0 when you fill it and when you fill it again figure out how far you when against how much few you used!

My truck did that to me last summer . I took a battery off and restarted compute . She is running now betwine 20 and 24 city and 16-18 highway . Buy maybe is something wrong with your computer .

I did what huck suggested and she seems to be better. I went at 80kmh and just whipped the wheel left and right then went off road for abit and then down a bumpy dirt road. She is at 23.3 and dropping. iiunno if the issue with fueling up is fixed, since the tank is full i have to wait until i fill up again.

I left my engine running ONCE while filling and the bastard took two fillups to clear up with only a trickle at a time. All I could see done differently.

When I pulled all the evap stuff off my truck I plugged all the lines that led to the evap. By doing this I sealed the vent line to the tank accidentally and I wasnt able to fill it with gas either. I then took and extended one of the lines and left it open to atmosphere under the truck and now it fills normally.

Maybe there is something going on with the evap or lines? This maybe doesnt explain the mileage issue, but maybe its somehow related?

srtexhaust4.png

Its that black box on the left of that picture. The lines go to the gas tank and up to the engine for vacum

and on the right side of this picture:

srtexhaust2.png

Well i went under the truck and found a cracked line coming off that box. Also not sure what this is on the right side of the box, but is there a line missing or does it look like this....
IMG_1666.jpg

And here is the cracked line, has about a 1 inch crack along the line. No signs of gas leaking out of it so im assuming thats my "evap leak" code i keep getting?
IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

Does anyone have a part number on this part?

And on another note, my gas mileage is getting worse again...its at 26L/100km and raising fast.

just go to autopart store and get some line that fits and replace the cracked one. As per the missing one im not really sure lol. My truck is different since it used to be a hemi lol. I pulled all that crap outta mine....

man i must be on some sort of crack. Theres nothing wrong with that hose. I was gonna go to the auto parts store and when i took the hose off and looked at it, what i thought was the crack inthe hose was just the mud caked onto it..lol.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back