Gas pedal???

gatorowned

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some searches...and did not see anything similar.

I went on a road trip for the first time with the truck. Drove from Jersey to Florida. Drove and handled great on the way down. Averaged 18mpg whole way (occasional 20mpg). I got to Florida...no issues. My problem occured the day prior to leaving. Felt like the truck was not as responsive. Didn't think much of it....and headed back. On the way back I noticed the same thing on the highway. While driving with cruise control on at 80mph I only had about 1/2 inch of pedal to the floor (never noticed that). When I mashed down on the pedal...it would climb ever so slowly. Again...weird. So I pulled off for gas and decided to check. Sure enough...the IAT sensor was out and sitting beneath the intake. I put it back in....took both neg/pos battery cables off and touched together (to reset PCM) for 15 seconds....then drove off. Noticed it was doing the same thing. Just doesn't seem as responsive at all. All in all...I have no idle issues and/or driving problems...just a general feeling like it is not as responsive. When I got back to Jersey...I looked at the gas pedal and noticed it looks lower than the other pedals. When idling...I have only about 1 1/2 inches to the floor. I don't remember it being that way. When I checked the accelerator pedal cable....it is hooked at the TB and cruise cable hooked too. I cleaned the IAT sensor...cleaned the IAC (after finding it) and cleaned the TB with Seafoam.

Bottom line...the truck just doesn't feel as responsive when I get on the pedal. Almost like the accelerator doesn't go all the way down. But when I go and manually push the TB butterfly open...it sounds fine.

Has anyone had the same issue?

Make sure your cable goes over the round part of the linkage and not straight. Also may still need to relearn and or IAC could have gotten damaged while hanging.

silly question have you made sure you didnt hit the peddle movement switch? i have done that once with my knee and all the way down has very little peddle movement and you cant depress all the way. just a thought

silly question have you made sure you didnt hit the peddle movement switch? i have done that once with my knee and all the way down has very little peddle movement and you cant depress all the way. just a thought

Yes sir...I have checked that. :D

Make sure your cable goes over the round part of the linkage and not straight. Also may still need to relearn and or IAC could have gotten damaged while hanging.

I think mine is straight (trying to remember) but I haven't removed it...so should be the same. I pulled the IAC out yesterday and cleaned it with seafoam. The plunger seemed to be able to move in and out. How do you tell if it is damaged?

I think mine is straight (trying to remember) but I haven't removed it...so should be the same. I pulled the IAC out yesterday and cleaned it with seafoam. The plunger seemed to be able to move in and out. How do you tell if it is damaged?

You really can't. It usually works or not. It's a fast responding electrical actuator and usually will have a high or low idle if its not working right. Your throttle cable can come off arch of linkage in a fast release of pedal. ;-)

Venomous1 has the fix, its the cable going straignt threw there are 2 cables one should be looped over the lil half moon deal the other straight threw,, that will fix ya up

You should have some one push the pedal down all the way while you watch the throttle...without truck running of course!!!...This might get ya a lil closer to your problem:confused::dontknow::dontknow:

Yep, When I hooked all my stuff back up after removing all the intake components, I missed the arch with the cable...sounds for sure like thats what it is because mine did the EXACT same thing...

You really can't. It usually works or not. It's a fast responding electrical actuator and usually will have a high or low idle if its not working right. Your throttle cable can come off arch of linkage in a fast release of pedal. ;-)

Thanks Venomous...that was the issue. Guess it came off the half-moon linkage. Pulled cable...routes over top...GOOD-TO-GO :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back