Gas prices

Do you think there will be a time when you say "I remember when gas was only $4.00 a gallon"??:D

things wouldn't be this way if the JACK@$$ running this place wasn't making a killing on oil " his family has been in oil for years, he's not that CRAZY, he knows that this is his last shot at making $BILLIONS upon $BILLIONS, UPON $BILLIONS!!!!!
I mean come on this fucker has got a family to feed!! he can't feed them on just $150 million.... he needs BILLIONS, what if he wants to buy his grandkids another ball team, $60-70 million just won't cut it my friend!!!!!

what if congress passed a bill that would lower oil to $75-80 a barrel!!!!
how could you people live with your self!!!!
I know I couldn't, George Bush need that oil money!!! dam it, to Feed his dam dog! what if theres a cat we don't no about!!
we should all feel good about paying these HIGH gas-oil PRICES!!!!
were doing a service for our country, were helping GEORGE BUSH and his arab friends become richer than your wildest dreams, and damm it he's our commander in chief!!!!!
so the next time that we all complain about high gas prices remember this, how would you feel if your checking and savings got down to $150 trillion last time you looked!!!!
HOW COULD YOU LOOK YOUR CHILDREN IN THE FACE!!!!!!
and besides onemore reason that he needs this oil money I heard that he owns an SRT CHARGER, AND AN SRT CHRYSLER!!!!! thats reason enough right there!!!!

tomtana59911 said:
In 1967 the average american worker made 2.67 $ per hr I did some reserch an the average price of gas was 1.00 a gallon .I dont know what the average american makes right now but I suspect its more than enough to buy 3 gals of gas.I believe the rest of the world is watching and laughing at the spoiled americans!!
when our truks are 40 yrs old gas will probably be 20 bucks a gallon any bets.

$2.67 might be right but a Gallon of Regular was more like $.030 a gallon. Which was about 11% of what one made an hour. Now it's more like 20% and going up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What makes it hard on the economy, is, we are a country of Comuters. A good example would be if a person comutes 200 miles a week and puts an additional 100 miles a week on his vehicle, has a vehicle that gets 20 miles per gallon he is laying out $60.00 a week for fuel or over $3,100 a year. For some that's a months pay for others a weeks pay, so everything is relavent. $4.00 a gallon is a lot to some and very little to others. I took a fairly short trip the other day, 160 miles round trip, and it cost me $60.00 in gas. Thats about 40 cents a mile, i've got to learn to keep my foot out of it but with all that power its tough.

Jack

Jack

LoveThisTruck said:
It took $101 to fill her up today @ $4.20 per gallon:argh:

After I filled up, I did the math on the previous tank of gas:bawling:... 9.8 MPG:eek: :driver: :thrasher: :thumpdown:

It's about $160 to fill the truck here in Alberta the place with nearly as much oil as Iraq....

moparracing said:
hey deibs - happy b-day !!!:)

:D Thanks! Although i was hoping to avoid this in some sad attempt that i could hang on to another year lol.

dodgeboy16 said:
$2.67 might be right but a Gallon of Regular was more like $.030 a gallon. Which was about 11% of what one made an hour. Now it's more like 20% and going up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What makes it hard on the economy, is, we are a country of Comuters. A good example would be if a person comutes 200 miles a week and puts an additional 100 miles a week on his vehicle, has a vehicle that gets 20 miles per gallon he is laying out $60.00 a week for fuel or over $3,100 a year. For some that's a months pay for others a weeks pay, so everything is relavent. $4.00 a gallon is a lot to some and very little to others. I took a fairly short trip the other day, 160 miles round trip, and it cost me $60.00 in gas. Thats about 40 cents a mile, i've got to learn to keep my foot out of it but with all that power its tough.

Jack

That's always been the one argument back, people in Europe say we complain too much as their prices are already high, but as you said, we are well, a Continent of commuters. I know personally i've been riding my pedal bike to work and that's no short distance at 12 miles one way and then once i get there i hop in a big truck to drive several hours to a job site.. i could hardly imagine someone in Britian doing that.

1badnightrunner said:
things wouldn't be this way if the JACK@$$ running this place wasn't making a killing on oil " his family has been in oil for years, he's not that CRAZY, he knows that this is his last shot at making $BILLIONS upon $BILLIONS, UPON $BILLIONS!!!!!
I mean come on this fucker has got a family to feed!! he can't feed them on just $150 million.... he needs BILLIONS, what if he wants to buy his grandkids another ball team, $60-70 million just won't cut it my friend!!!!!

what if congress passed a bill that would lower oil to $75-80 a barrel!!!!
how could you people live with your self!!!!
I know I couldn't, George Bush need that oil money!!! dam it, to Feed his dam dog! what if theres a cat we don't no about!!
we should all feel good about paying these HIGH gas-oil PRICES!!!!
were doing a service for our country, were helping GEORGE BUSH and his arab friends become richer than your wildest dreams, and damm it he's our commander in chief!!!!!
so the next time that we all complain about high gas prices remember this, how would you feel if your checking and savings got down to $150 trillion last time you looked!!!!
HOW COULD YOU LOOK YOUR CHILDREN IN THE FACE!!!!!!
and besides onemore reason that he needs this oil money I heard that he owns an SRT CHARGER, AND AN SRT CHRYSLER!!!!! thats reason enough right there!!!!

Ummm... okay that Atlanta sun is getting to you buddy.:D My applications for millionaire and billionaire were both denied recently. But the application for thousandaire was accepted and processed, so that's where I am. I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who's bank account can use a nice pick-me-up...

Deibs said:
That's always been the one argument back, people in Europe say we complain too much as their prices are already high, but as you said, we are well, a Continent of commuters. I know personally i've been riding my pedal bike to work and that's no short distance at 12 miles one way and then once i get there i hop in a big truck to drive several hours to a job site.. i could hardly imagine someone in Britian doing that.

Europeans have better access to public transportation that we do. From what I've seen in Norway cycling and walking seem to be the norm. However, in metropolitan Houston and surrounding areas for example, cycling to work with the immense distances isn't practical (especially outside the city limits of Harris County). Walking is definitely out of the question there as well. Now if most of our nation was structured like NYC it would be a bit easier to get around.

Do you think there will be a time when you say "I remember when gas was only $4.00 a gallon"??:D

Isn't that time already here LOL

RedSrt007 said:
lets see here... .35 x 13 = 4.55/gallon (Year 2008)
and now for the good part ... 2.67 x 13 = 34.71/hr (or $72,196/yr)

I dont think the average american makes 72k a year. :dontknow:

Lets not forget Patrick,you are only figuring the gas price increase.Everything else has quadrupled since then.You would have to be making well over 100,000 to compare to prices of that time.

GOT TO LOVE IT!!!

1badnightrunner said:
wait a second, i'm only thirdy two, but i use to live in north augusta SC. from the time was 11 years old till i was 18. and i remember that augusta GA, and north augusta SC, had gas wars all over that town between the gas stations call smilely and the rest of them, al the BP stations had gas for $0.70!!
but smiley had gas for $0.58 and that was 1990!!!
i can't remember buying gas in the 70's ( wasn't driving then,hell wasn't born then!! )

My sister lives in NA now, just moved there from Martinez, (Augusta). You are correct about the gas wars! I can remember when it was worth it to drive 5-10 miles to find cheaper gas, usually at the smile stations....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back