GEN IV SHIFTER

devildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my Gen IV shifter from Boomer yesterday. Installed today (about 30 minutes...a lot easier than I thought). All I can say is WOW :D I did the cheapy Hurst mod of removing the rubber collar and mounting the shifter directly a year ago. That was an improvement over stock, but I was still having problems missing 3rd, and trying to find 4th on downshifts. But after a test drive with the Gen IV, all my worries and frustrations are over. What a shifter...I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with quality and the way it shifts. This is a MUST HAVE for anyone with a RC...you won't be sorry!!!

Boomer,

Thanks for developing this...you have made my truck complete now:D :D :D

Glad to hear it, I will be very happy when mine gets here.

Bill.

Devil, You Dog :rock: I want one too. Guess I will have to send Boomer some cash. Come by when you get a chance so I can test it. :D

devildog said:
Received my Gen IV shifter from Boomer yesterday. Installed today (about 30 minutes...a lot easier than I thought). All I can say is WOW :D I did the cheapy Hurst mod of removing the rubber collar and mounting the shifter directly a year ago. That was an improvement over stock, but I was still having problems missing 3rd, and trying to find 4th on downshifts. But after a test drive with the Gen IV, all my worries and frustrations are over. What a shifter...I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with quality and the way it shifts. This is a MUST HAVE for anyone with a RC...you won't be sorry!!!

Boomer,

Thanks for developing this...you have made my truck complete now:D :D :D

Complete???:dontknow: From your sig, you still need Gears, at least!!!:p :rock: :D

I'm anxiously awaiting BOOM's new shifter. Though, to be honest, I'm really not using my truck very often in this Summer heat.:(

I definately agree this is a must have for all RC's!!!

One thing that has not been mentioned in other reviews is that when shifting it does not feel "to me at least" like it is just over and up to get to first....it is over and then up on an angle "not straigt up" into gear. This is the way all out side gear positions feel...it is very unique and performance orientated....I do not know how it would be possible to miss third gear with this shifter "even if you were trying to push it off line!!!!

WOT throttle shifts are as easy as low rpm shifts

mauiSRT/10 said:
Very cool Devildog.

Anybody want to buy my gen 1 shifter so I can upgrade even more?

patrick
Boomer will give you $100.00 off the new one if you bought the Gen-I
Only $499.00...... for forum members.

Quick.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Did you run the truck hard through 3rd and/or 4th gear? Easy shifts in these gears at WOT?

Dave,

Yes, shifted hard and easy at WOT...hit every gear I was looking for every time. I honestly did not think shifter would be fool-proof, but it sure seems that way. I think you would need to work very, very hard at missing a shift! And I am using the extender to make the shifter taller, and a Hurst T-handle vice the stock shift knob.

devildog said:
Dave,

Yes, shifted hard and easy at WOT...hit every gear I was looking for every time. I honestly did not think shifter would be fool-proof, but it sure seems that way. I think you would need to work very, very hard at missing a shift! And I am using the extender to make the shifter taller, and a Hurst T-handle vice the stock shift knob.
coolio, i am glad to hear it bub, those shifters have a LOT of blood, sweat, tears, cusswords, sleepless nights, 12hours on sundays, missed meals, and the fourth fingernail on my left hand:D

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
This shifter will be my next mod!!
cool, the shifters are doing better than i expected and i appreciate everyones patients as i get faster at making them!

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
This shifter will be my next mod!!

The Gen 1 shifter was a hell of an improvement. Once you have it installed you will be very happy with it.
A must for the RC IMHO

Ditto!

The 1st, Gen IV shifter in Atlantic Beach, Marc T is sucking hind tit!

This is the first time I have beaten him to a mod! I know he is hating it!

Great piece of art...and it works great too...

Thanks Boomer.

Prof said:
Ditto!

The 1st, Gen IV shifter in Atlantic Beach, Marc T is sucking hind tit!

This is the first time I have beaten him to a mod! I know he is hating it!

Great piece of art...and it works great too...

Thanks Boomer.
thanks Prof, GOSHDANG it was friggin hot last week there!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back