GEN IV SHIFTER

Well got to give it a real thrashing this past saturday night and not one missed shift:dancing: :dancing: It's amazing what confidence it gives you when it's time to slam her to thirdand NOW it's gonna go, period! Had a few of the guys tell me they could hear it chirp all four gears! Damn, didn't know it could do that. My last race was against a camaro that runs in the high 11's and beat him, he spun off the line pretty good while I hooked really good. This shifter is the shits:rock: :burnout:

BOOMER said:
thanks Prof, GOSHDANG it was friggin hot last week there!

When it gets too hot we do one of two things...surf, or dive for lobsters...Marc T was surfing and I was diving for "bugs" when you were here...we wanted to meet you and buy you dinner, but the timing just wouldn't work.

Thanks again for another great product. And just where is Indiana:dontknow: :dontknow:

Prof said:
When it gets too hot we do one of two things...surf, or dive for lobsters...Marc T was surfing and I was diving for "bugs" when you were here...we wanted to meet you and buy you dinner, but the timing just wouldn't work.

Thanks again for another great product. And just where is Indiana:dontknow: :dontknow:
what part of Fl are you guys? we went to St. augustine-suckola-
glad you did the shifter bro, i appreciate the kind words

Madduc said:
Well got to give it a real thrashing this past saturday night and not one missed shift:dancing: :dancing: It's amazing what confidence it gives you when it's time to slam her to thirdand NOW it's gonna go, period! Had a few of the guys tell me they could hear it chirp all four gears! Damn, didn't know it could do that. My last race was against a camaro that runs in the high 11's and beat him, he spun off the line pretty good while I hooked really good. This shifter is the shits:rock: :burnout:
no shit, thats killer. i need to put this on my website! so di you look forward to shifting her know!?:D

BOOMER said:
what part of Fl are you guys? we went to St. augustine-suckola-
glad you did the shifter bro, i appreciate the kind words
We both live in Atlantic Beach, about 30 miles north of St. Augustine. I also have a home in Marathon which is in the Florida Keys.

I will never miss third again thanks to your Gen IV shifter.

Thanks Gary, I hope you continue to be a creative problem solver...and I hope it makes you wealthy and gratified.

I will be moving to Illinois soon, maybe I will be able to find Indiana from there!

Prof said:
We both live in Atlantic Beach, about 30 miles north of St. Augustine. I also have a home in Marathon which is in the Florida Keys.

I will never miss third again thanks to your Gen IV shifter.

Thanks Gary, I hope you continue to be a creative problem solver...and I hope it makes you wealthy and gratified.

I will be moving to Illinois soon, maybe I will be able to find Indiana from there!
crap! you guys were right by me! we should have met somewhere! what part of IL are you moving to? you are leaving FL for IL? yuck!:D

BOOMER said:
crap! you guys were right by me! we should have met somewhere! what part of IL are you moving to? you are leaving FL for IL? yuck!:D
Boomer, you home now?

Quick

BOOMER said:
no shit, thats killer. i need to put this on my website! so di you look forward to shifting her know!?:D
Do I look forward to shifting her now? Ya damn right:dancing: I was starting to get known as the guy that couldn't hit third:mad: NOT ANYMORE:rock: As it's reving up thru second I have my palm resting on the handle(didn't dare say 'knob' with this crowd:D ) stab the clutch, and ram it to third:burnout: No problemo. Now I'm finding every excuse to take her out for alittle spin. I feel sorry for the tires....NOT;) Before your shifter it was ALWAYS"Am I gonna hit third? Go for third and find limbo, go for third and f*#k...FIRST(ouch!) or limbo again. Now....it IS going into third,period!!! Your shifter MADE driving the truck 110% AWESOME:rock: :rock: But it sure has made the gas mileage drop;)
And also......GO TO THE NATS:) Work will be there when you get back. I'm in no hurry for the shift light, send it out when you get back. GO TO THE NATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife has moved into the "C" suite in her corporation "Chief Technology Officer", and as a retired CEO I understand her desire to be there...just happens to be in Gurnee, IL. (New house has 5.5 garage spaces!!!)

We "house husbands" have learned to say 'yes dear', as long as I can play with my truck whenever I want...

We will get together!

Prof said:
My wife has moved into the "C" suite in her corporation "Chief Technology Officer", and as a retired CEO I understand her desire to be there...just happens to be in Gurnee, IL. (New house has 5.5 garage spaces!!!)

We "house husbands" have learned to say 'yes dear', as long as I can play with my truck whenever I want...

We will get together!
sounds good ya lucky stiff!

Madduc said:
Do I look forward to shifting her now? Ya damn right:dancing: I was starting to get known as the guy that couldn't hit third:mad: NOT ANYMORE:rock: As it's reving up thru second I have my palm resting on the handle(didn't dare say 'knob' with this crowd:D ) stab the clutch, and ram it to third:burnout: No problemo. Now I'm finding every excuse to take her out for alittle spin. I feel sorry for the tires....NOT;) Before your shifter it was ALWAYS"Am I gonna hit third? Go for third and find limbo, go for third and f*#k...FIRST(ouch!) or limbo again. Now....it IS going into third,period!!! Your shifter MADE driving the truck 110% AWESOME:rock: :rock: But it sure has made the gas mileage drop;)
And also......GO TO THE NATS:) Work will be there when you get back. I'm in no hurry for the shift light, send it out when you get back. GO TO THE NATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awesome, thank you very much. are YOU going to the nats?

QUICKSILVER said:
Boomer, have not heard from you....:D

Quick
sorry bub, its been INTENSE here latley. i am finishing up your shifter as soon as i get back from the nats. i will include another 20hp Xmetal shirt! thanks for being so dang patient!

BOOMER said:
sorry bub, its been INTENSE here latley. i am finishing up your shifter as soon as i get back from the nats. i will include another 20hp Xmetal shirt! thanks for being so dang patient!
DA6F29F54D0D4C719685308D0B81A808.jpg

Quick

What the heck does she have to do with the Gen IV Shifter? Never mind ....It really doesn't matter. A little diversion is just fine with me.

SilvrSRT10 said:
What the heck does she have to do with the Gen IV Shifter? Never mind ....It really doesn't matter. A little diversion is just fine with me.
yeah no doubt..........................................
what are we talking about again:D :burnout:
attachment.php

Last edited:
My fault, sorry, I hijacked the thread!

Getting back on topic...I added a small rubber spacer between the XMetal lever and the new shifter rod to reduce the gear noise a little. I am sure this compromises the performance of the Gen IV shifter a little...but was a good trade-off for me.

I did not miss third when I was trying to catch 1Fast400 at Roe Racing on Wednesday, but even Boomers shifter was not enough to help me handle that beast!

Shifter Installed

At the first go round I put the short handle which came with the kit at the middle setting. I found this to be way to low for my liking( like to rest my elbow on the center console). I would have just added the extension but I lost it:dontknow: so I just bolted up the Gen I stick at the lowest setting.

With the short stick the throw was obviously shorter but I found that it also makes it feel harder to shift(less leverage)almost like you had to force it in gear. With the taller shifter it feels the way I like it and is really a step up from the Gen I. It is really precise and you know when it hits every gear with a noticable click when it enters the selected gear.

I do have alot more resonation than the Gen I shifter so I will be experimenting with some rubber bushings and insulation to see if I can reduce it.

Also the issue of the Gen I hitting the console while shifting has been eliminated!!

Another top quality piece of engineering from XMetal!!:rock: :rock:

Thanks Gary!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back