Genuises Needed

Man do the easy things first...change the oil filter to the black chrysler one...put back in 0w40 m1 oil...change tranny fluid with 3 qt atf+4...change differential fluid...IF that dont take care of the noise it could be throw out bearing...clutch or tranny related. OR run the **** out of it and fix what breaks...

It's the part about something breaking that worries me. I had the oil changed not too long ago, so that is also a possibility.

13/16 if an 04 or early 05 and 1 1/4" for 05-06:D

13/16 it is. Thanks!

Yeah, these trucks are real picky about the oil filter used...

Just wondering if you found a resolution to your problem.

Sorry, Dudes. I am out of town and have limited www access. I'm thinking my problem is the oil filter, but the witch at the Valvoline place that just changed my oil wouldn't swap it out for me. I was also able to capture the sound on video, but won't be able to post it until I get to a place with reliable internet.

See if y'all can hear it better in this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMV-ffpa4Zw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Humming Oil Filter SRT10 - YouTube[/ame]

Update for future readers: Swapped the filter this weekend and the problem is gone.

What filter did you decide to go with?

I used a NAPA Gold. Just asked the counter guy for a filter for an '04 Viper. I'm going to grab a couple extras from you when I order the sunroof tray. I probably should have asked to keep the filter that was making the noise, so I could cut it apart and see what was going on, but I wasn't feeling that motivated.

I used a NAPA Gold. Just asked the counter guy for a filter for an '04 Viper. I'm going to grab a couple extras from you when I order the sunroof tray. I probably should have asked to keep the filter that was making the noise, so I could cut it apart and see what was going on, but I wasn't feeling that motivated.

No problem just let me know when you're ready to order.

Just going to throw this out there. But I remember those aluminum oil filter that made a noise due to some rubber flap or something in there. So maybe a oil filter that came apart on the inside ?

We have a winner!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back