getting nervous lol

fallguy

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just purchased my 06 srt a few months ago. I need a cam shafts sensor and parts are obsolete and getting scarce. Should I be concerned? It's kind of an eerie feeling hearing that the part you need is no longer in production.

Hi guys. Just purchased my 06 srt a few months ago. I need a cam shafts sensor and parts are obsolete and getting scarce. Should I be concerned? It's kind of an eerie feeling hearing that the part you need is no longer in production.

Welcome. The part you are looking for is something that is commonly needed for an SRT10. And yes, unfortunately they are getting very hard to find.

Welcome. The part you are looking for is something that is commonly needed for an SRT10. And yes, unfortunately they are getting very hard to find.
So when they're gone does that mean we have to retire our trucks or is somebody working on a solition?

So when they're gone does that mean we have to retire our trucks or is somebody working on a solition?

No one that I know is working on a solution, but there are a couple posts regarding the aftermarket sensors that started showing up on eBay recently. If it really because an issue of there being zero availability, I'd guess that someone like Dan Lesser would come up with a solution.

Wow no kidding? The thought of backing my baby girl into the garage for retirement scared the hell out of me lol. Glad to know somebody is trying to do something. Any idea why Chrysler stopped making parts for this motor so soon?

10 years. the manufacturer has to provide parts for 10 years only! They are in the business of selling cars, not parts! they want you buying new ! the aftermarket would normally take up the slack and provide parts. These engines are not plentiful enough to manufacture replacements and be profitable. Sad but true! without chrysler support this issue will shelve every viper engine eventually!

This is a very bleak outlook. Now I understand the practice of part hoarding.

10 years. the manufacturer has to provide parts for 10 years only! They are in the business of selling cars, not parts! they want you buying new ! the aftermarket would normally take up the slack and provide parts. These engines are not plentiful enough to manufacture replacements and be profitable. Sad but true! without chrysler support this issue will shelve every viper engine eventually!

Here it is...

camshaft1.jpg

camshaft2.jpg

That would be me, AKA "Viper Specialty" on most other forums.

Cam sensors are not an issue according to my inventory, ha.

They were, but not anymore. :D

I pulled my stock cam shaft sensor out today and compared the two... The look very similar in size. Since I had it out I went ahead and replaced it and will keep my stock one as a back up. I have had no issues with the new one. I took it out for about a 20 minute drive. Just make sure you follow the instructions.
20151114_153235.jpg

I pulled my stock cam shaft sensor out today and compared the two... The look very similar in size. Since I had it out I went ahead and replaced it and will keep my stock one as a back up. I have had no issues with the new one. I took it out for about a 20 minute drive. Just make sure you follow the instructions.
20151114_153235.jpg
[/QUOTE
Good info/ photos, thanks
How hard was it to get the new one in?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back