Getting rid of the gas guzzlers

I have been in 6th gear more than ever.... :D

At this point, I might just sit in the truck for an hour and not even leave the garage to get my fix.

BurntRubber said:
$98 is a joke now Paul, maybe the 06's have a bigger tank (34gallons) compared to the 04-05...mine always stops at $100, and its not full. I can't wait to get rid of it...all this money going to gas is holding back money towards FI on the Viper:D which gets 25mpg on the highway:rock:
Yeah my tank is 26 gallons... Kills me to put almost $100 in the gas tank for less than a week of driving. I could probably live with it, if I knew that it was not going to get worse...

Dominick572 said:
I just saw Tylers truck at a dealership in Framingham I guess he couldnt hold onto it.

Yeah, I couldn't afford gas anymore because of the price is crazy.:( I can still afford the truck payment but I blamed it on the gas price. I was very sad when I have to let it go. I drive 30 miles everyday to school and work. My job only pay me $10 per hours and it is suck. I traded it in for a 04 chevy trailblazer 4.2L with I6 and now I feel much better with the gas mileage. But, I will always be here and read all of your posts. I will always remember what it was like drive an srt-10. Maybe someday in the future I will buy another ram srt-10. :)

Damn, Tyler, sorry to hear that. The Trailblazer probably doesn't get much better mileage than the 10 does it????

amtrucker22 said:
Yeah my tank is 26 gallons... Kills me to put almost $100 in the gas tank for less than a week of driving. I could probably live with it, if I knew that it was not going to get worse...

They are talking about oil getting up to $150 a barrel. Man if gas starts to hit $5 a gallon across the country we are going to see alot of inflation in our perishable goods, non-persihable also. Man the whey protein I used to buy was $35 a 5lb jug, now its $45 only a year later. I think a corolla is in my future:D
unless I sell the Viper:(

FATJACK said:
Damn, Tyler, sorry to hear that. The Trailblazer probably doesn't get much better mileage than the 10 does it????

Well, it does get a little much better than the 10. I save $40 for the gas. It help me a lot to save the money. The trailblazer have 15 city/ 21 highway mpg. So...yeah, it is kind of a little much better for me.

i don't know how much it cost to fill mine up anymore, i just put 50 bucks in when it needs it, i'd like to find a DD more to just keep the miles off the 10 than anything else. but i do know it takes 7 bucks to fill up my bike and when i bought it last year it was just a little more than 5, and it's only 3.3 gallons(2.2 fills it up when the low fuel light comes on)

DRamSrt10 said:
Well, it does get a little much better than the 10. I save $40 for the gas. It help me a lot to save the money. The trailblazer have 15 city/ 21 highway mpg. So...yeah, it is kind of a little much better for me.

My wife has an 04 denali, it cost about $75 to fill it and we get 350-360 miles out of that. my truck would cost $120 to drive that distance. Even 15 mpg and using regular yields about a 40% fuel savings. My friedns corolla get 1000 miles on $100 of gas...

So for me the choice is drive my truck for another year or save that money and get a used Roe blower for it...:dontknow: ...yeah I'll take that Roe blower:D Just gonna put limo tint on the corolla:p

This is just the stuff I keep talking about. We work our azzes off to buy and maintain these things. Now so many have to let them go because of oil prices. The same oil that was 20 bucks a barrel is now over $120.00. What am I missing here? Why is it that places like Kuwait and Venezuela are using their own oil and we have to keep using OPEC oil? I don't understand it. Peoples' lives are affected, groceries getting more expensive as a result, jobs aren't hiking up raises to keep up... It's plain GREED.

i agree with the greed thing.. it's very true.. but how i fixed my problem was i bought a 1999 VW TDI Bug... now go ahead make fun of me.. but hey i'm got a 1.9L Oil burner and yes it black smokes lol hahaha.. makes me laugh and really trips the truckers out lol ...slam her in 5th
an hammer down.. doing like 15MPH lol

some one told me the other day that our oil here was not as good for making fuel?!?! i think he's full of SH!T my self but maybe some one else knows?? not that it makes a differance cause the treehuggers won't let us have it anyways(hmm, maybe we should kick their A$$ and just take it)

Our oil is just fine because we stockpile most of it and export a portion of it. If we couldn't use our oil then Exxon wouldn't have spilled a bunch of it near Alaska while trying to move it.... Which brings us to the F@%KIN' tree huggers. They make it even harder because some bird, that'll crap on my truck anyway, is in danger? These are the clowns you see in hybrids or riding their bikes 5 miles to work thinking they would hurt our planet doing otherwise. Meanwhile, the Middle Eastern oil is lighter, or what is called sweeter and easier to access since mostly desert is where it is. I really think we should be using our own refined oil. Okay prices wont be $0.19 a gallon, but at least I don't have to be considering dipping into my daughter's college money just to drive to work.

I feel like that tiny cocain addict walking around in a crack vail, but instead I'm walking around in circles inside a 55 gallon drum saying, "I get to work, so I can buy gas, so I can drive, so I can get to work, so I can buy gas, so I can drive, so I can get to work, so I can buy gas, so I can drive.......etc." THIS SUBJECT IS GETTING ME HEATED!!:mad:

Anyone ever think the JAPS have a thing to do with this?:dontknow: Looks like they are selling a shit pot of JAPANEZE cars here lately.:dontknow:

I drove my rig today... Too nice out not to. Getting 11.2 mpg too. :eek:

At least with the gas prices the way there are, we are saving on the cost of tires. ;)

I'm glad i live 2.3 miles from work. And i just got a Jeep grand cherokee as a DD. I feel bad for the the ones who have longer commutes or use the SRT as the DD...:(

My Cobra get's 6 to 8 miles per gallon.

If Summer ever gets here in the festering shit hole, I plan on driving the wheels off it. Price of gas be damned.

Irony cannot even begin to explain the direction the US is heading. Daily I hear of high prices on gas and basic nessessities of life. Does anyone do anything about it? Nope why because there are to many pockets greased and to many greedy self involved people in power. Not to mention the green freaks who would love nothing better for us all to bike to work everyday and never use a car again and plant trees all day long. These people are the problem, yes oil companies have us by the ba**s and always will but the real problem here is no one is fighting on our side to try and help the good people of this country who work hard everyday and try to survive. The days of middle class are leaving, theres only going to be rich and poor classes at this rate. Yet no one in gov, senate, congress, ect so on helping or caring. Even funnier is the fact that not only is this affecting the population but as this happens our own civil rights are being tested. These next few years will tell it all and being that im young I fear my future is in serious trouble if things keep progressing in this trend. Gas, food, shelter, and rights are all being driven up in price and taken away slowly. I can only hope that what im begining to notice is not what the future holds for us all.

I cant get a full tank of gas when i fill up lol. The pumps in my area shut off at 75. But oh well its worth it love these trucks

05 reg cab in red, BB Triflo Exhaust, BB High flow cats, Xmetal Software upgrade, K&N CAI

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back