Gigi Up-date

May peace be with you all soon. God Bless.

Another up-date: Gigi now must remain in bed full time....We have upped the amount of pain meds and a drug called adavan??....to keep her calm....when she is awake she says strange things...she thinks all the care givers are trying to kill her.....she also has said some really mean things to my wife Vickie.....but we all know this is only due to all the medication she is on......she can no longer control her bodily functions....this continues to be very bad.....the tumor is growing down into her lower jaw and face.....it is huge.......We are going to ask Hospice to zone her out so she cannot hurt her self by pulling out her feeding tube and trying to get up.

One day at a time.....we both are wearing down.....but I must say Gigi is one tough Grannie.

Walt

sorry to hear about GIGI, hey Walt, GOD said that he would never leave you or forsake you. GODS word is always true , to the very end. my prayers are with yall may GOD give yall strength through your hard time.

Gigi

You know, We have recently went through a close call with cancer with my wife. She had surgery and after removing several things and telling us at first she had to have chemo and radiation they got in there they decided she did not. We are of course very relieved and my wife is looking forward to meeting you guys at the Nats.

I feel for you and your family bro. This stuff takes down vibrant, active, vital people and their loved ones at the same time. We wish our success to you and yours and hope for you all the best.

Love and Light,
Perry and Wanda Parsons

K-80-123 said:
Another up-date: Gigi now must remain in bed full time....We have upped the amount of pain meds and a drug called adavan??....to keep her calm....when she is awake she says strange things...she thinks all the care givers are trying to kill her.....she also has said some really mean things to my wife Vickie.....but we all know this is only due to all the medication she is on......she can no longer control her bodily functions....this continues to be very bad.....the tumor is growing down into her lower jaw and face.....it is huge.......We are going to ask Hospice to zone her out so she cannot hurt her self by pulling out her feeding tube and trying to get up.

One day at a time.....we both are wearing down.....but I must say Gigi is one tough Grannie.

Walt
From what I have read about Adivan it is an extremely bad medicine with those types of side affects.:(

We are still praying for Gigi to go home peacefully and quickly. Our blessings to you all.

I'm sorry to hear this Walt. :( :(

Keep us updated, you are in our thoughts and prayers

Gee Walt,

It does sound like a real tough battle.......... So sorry for Gigi.....for your whole family.....

I know this time in your life will make you all (the) better for it......

God bless you all....... we're all standing with you ....in our hearts....

Tim

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your families !!!!

Another up-date.....My wife shows English Bulldogs and this weekend she had a big show in Oklahoma City....she was worried about leaving Gigi to attend the shows....I talked her into going to the show.....so she had to get up at 4:00AM each morning to make it to the show site on time.

We had all the Hospice nurses lined up for the weekend so she could attend the show....Well Saturday was great....she won best of breed with one of our bulldogs.....life is good for her that day.....But when we got back to Tulsa Gigi was a mess.....she pulled her feeding tube out...and tried to fight with the nurses......These people are angles on earth.

We lost one nurse who said she could no longer take the smell in the house...She left that evening and my wife had to fill in today so she was unable to attend the dog show today.

We have a meeting with the Hospice people tomorrow...Gigi is struggling with death....she is fighting to the end and creating trouble with the help....I would like to see her zoned out till the end if possible.

Man this is tougher than I thought is would be.....but we continue one day at a time.

Walt

Congrats to Vickie on the win (day one of dog show):rock: - sorry she couldn't make it to day two.:(

Hospice workers are angels on earth and it must be hard for them as well. Sounds like Gigi is one tough cookie, I wish she would quit fighting so hard. I hope everyone has told her it's ok for her to go now, as I've heard that sometimes helps them let go. God Bless you all, we are still praying.

Wifey said:
Congrats to Vickie on the win (day one of dog show):rock: - sorry she couldn't make it to day two.:(

Hospice workers are angels on earth and it must be hard for them as well. Sounds like Gigi is one tough cookie, I wish she would quit fighting so hard. I hope everyone has told her it's ok for her to go now, as I've heard that sometimes helps them let go. God Bless you all, we are still praying.

Amen........................................

D

Very sorry to hear that this continues to be a rough time for your family Walt... Soon Gigi will find the peace she is looking for and it will bring peace to your current situation. Keep strong my friend...

Wifey said:

My thoughts exactlly....God bless you all.....

Stefan...

Another up-date: Gigi did not have a good day yesterday....she pulled her feeding tube out and fell trying to get out of the house.....It was a mess.....the Hospice lead nurse came over and said this type of behavior is fairly commen...it's called "terminal rage" I guess when people are about to die and are afraid and confused they say and do odd things.....she thinks the nurses are trying to kill her.

So the lead nurse as put her on a very strong sedative that keeps her knocked out....the bad part of this is she will not be able to talk to us since she is sleeping all the time.....this is especially hard on Vickie...I think she needed to talk to her mom some more....I tell her to talk and Gigi can still hear even though she won't be responding.

We continue one day at a time.....thanks again for the support.

Walt

Walt, We are still praying every night for GiGi and her family.

May God grant her peace!

Stay strong, I know that your wife needs your strength right now.

God Bless you all.

Walt, it just tears me apart to hear what you and your family are going through.

I just pray that once this is over, you will be able to remember Gigi as the beautiful lady she was prior to this happening to her. It will be hard, and it may even require some counciling.

When my father was in the hospital in his final days, I did not take my daughter (she was 7 at the time) up to visit him, even thought she wanted to. As she grew up she understood why I did not allow her to visit grandpa, and was glad I did what I did. She remembers grandpa as the healthy person she loved, not the sick person in a bed dying.

Not sure if that helped or hurt. I hope it helped.

Take care my friend, and stay strong.

Silverback said:
Walt, it just tears me apart to hear what you and your family are going through.

I just pray that once this is over, you will be able to remember Gigi as the beautiful lady she was prior to this happening to her. It will be hard, and it may even require some counciling.

When my father was in the hospital in his final days, I did not take my daughter (she was 7 at the time) up to visit him, even thought she wanted to. As she grew up she understood why I did not allow her to visit grandpa, and was glad I did what I did. She remembers grandpa as the healthy person she loved, not the sick person in a bed dying.

Not sure if that helped or hurt. I hope it helped.

Take care my friend, and stay strong.
very well said, your in our prayers.

My prayers are with Gigi, you and your family Walt.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back