Go Pro HD 1080p Video Camera

azpyroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the GoPro 1080p HD Video Camera with Motorsports kit. Which came with several mounts and a suction cup mount.

I also added the Bac-Pac battery kit which takes the battery life from 2.5 to 5 hours of usage. On 32gig of SD Card I can get roughly 5 hours of video footage at 1080p, 60 frames a second.

I bought it mainly for my sand car...

I am taking it to the air show today and going to mess around with it to get some test video and see how well it does. =)

Should do quite well. I have an older standard def that I use.

:needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics:

if you use a camera not designed to record action sport, you get this:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvaLoRLM8HY[/ame]

Just for the record......... I was watching some videos from TX2K11 today. Two 7 second supras collided about 200 feet out past the starting line. One broke an axle which pushed him into the other lane where the other one side swiped him. Both had the go pro cameras on. Both cameras stayed in place and continued filming. Both drivers are fine.

There were also a few "Mexico Runs" with some TT Gallardos to well over 200 mph and the go pro cameras stuck like glue.

Thats proof those cameras and mounts are worth the price. Ill be purchasing one soon myself. Congrats on the purchase.

Yeah lets see what you shot!!
I heard them all afternoon, couldn't make the show :(

Still working on video.... I am having some computer issues here... my desktop (where all my video editing software is located) is refusing to read the 32 gig card from the GoPro, however it works on my laptop.... but I dont have any editing software there... GRRRRRRRRR.....

This video had the Go Pro HD cameras in it. They were used in the night time half way thru the video. I used them as a picture in picture effect:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8qhwVeglaw]YouTube - World Record Ram Srt10[/ame]

Well gang.. I got the video finally transferred over to my machine with my editing software on it.. and it sucked... its not the cameras fault... it was operator error.... (PEBCAC - Problem Exists Between Chair and Camera).

I was not using it properly..

HOWEVER... I have some great video from it being mounted on my sand car, and friends helmet this past dune trip that I will be posting up...

I'm looking for something like a bumper cam or a mount to the bumper.... Got any Ideas?

The GoPro Motorsports comes with some real nice mounts that are designed to be mounted on bodys, flat panels, bumpers, etc.. it uses the same 3M Body Tape that most OEMs use to hold on side markers, and other panels where screws are not desired.

Its still recommended that you tether the cam to something solid with short rope/string in case the mount fails so you dont lose your cam.

I had some good footage shot from my helmet cam a few dune trips ago.
Not HD so it kinda sucks.
Scott where can i start looking for a good used Sand Rail?
With age comes a cage

I had some good footage shot from my helmet cam a few dune trips ago.
Not HD so it kinda sucks.
Scott where can i start looking for a good used Sand Rail?
With age comes a cage

There are LOTS of great deals out there right now... I have heard of several $125k+ sand cars selling for $30-50k.

You will want to stay with one the main line builders that are still in business, or one that you can still get parts for:

-- Tatum Motorsports (In Business)
-- Sand Limo (In Business)
-- Suspensions Unlimited (Closed, but parts available)
-- Alumicraft (In Business)
-- Funco - (In Business)
-- Sand Trix (In Business)
-- Buckshot Racing (In Business)

You will want Mid-Board Hubs, and 930 or 934 CVs. Make sure the motor has been taken care of... I would stay with american motors since the imports tend to have been beaten because they have to make so many RPMs to make the power... this is not to say that you wont find a good one that a import.

The best place to start looking is: GlamisDunes.com - GlamisDunes.com Portal Page look on the for sale forums, lots of deals to be had.

You can also check Craigs List or Ebay... but I would be weary of what you might get.

If you buy one make to sure have the frame inspected by one of the fabricators for any cracks, issues.

Have the transaxle looked at, you dont want to buy someone elses problem... they are BIG $$$$ to fix... especially if they were a jumper and wheelie car.

Have the shocks checked out for bent rods, and leaks. King and Fox shocks are the only ones to be had, everything else is junk.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back