Going Catless Worth It?

SRT10R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running Belanger headers to magnaflow cat back wondering if taking my truck to the local shop and having them hack off the cats and install 3" pipe in its place is worth it? I will be going to the dyno to get a tune for some other bolt on stuff that I just purchased so it will be getting a tune soon after its done. Just saw some mixed reviews, even some people losing hp?! From what Ive read I need to get two O2 sensor simulators and then weld in another bung so i can get wideband?

I got jmb carless mids, probably one of the best mods for sound and performance that I did so far, defiantly worth it....

Yes it is worth it!

i took just my rears off along with my resonator and even without a tune noticed that she revs faster and is harder to (LAG)

ok thanks guys looks like she will be getting decatted before its dyno time

I've been thinking about doing this too.

My only concern is that the truck will be a lot louder. With a Magnaflow cat-back the thing is loud already.

I've got a full cat less BillyBoat system. I love the sound but hate the smell. The smell makes sitting at red lights just that much worse. I am seriously considering having high flow cats installed.

I love the smell, old school!!!!! I have stock manifolds, JMB catless mids and the original exhaust from 2004 and it sounds awesome, sounds like its cammed!!!! The smell was awesome when I put in some CAM2/110 octane!!!!!!!!!!!!

For 2 years I had belanger headers with custom catless mids with cutouts before the magnaflow catback. This week I redid the system and reinstalled the belanger high flow cat mids and I cannot tell a seat of the pants difference. I now have an x pipe and 2 custom made spintechs. The only reason to get rid of the belanger cats is for the sound, they flow so well already.

oh also I've got jmb catless mids and true x magna flow mufflers. not to loud till you get on it and it sounds like all hell just broke loose!

The few sets of catless midpipes ive seen are great, but....Save your money guys, find a local shop to weld you up some mid pipes..You could do it for a fraction of the cost of buying them...For the haters, if you look around you will find a decent shop that will do this for you..

I got mine for $250 shipped from a member last year, thought it was a good deal, shops around will not delete all the cats anyway.......

What if I just ran electric dumps before the cat and got a seperate tune for when I run them open? Then I can have a nice moderate tone for daily driving and when I wanna race I can open her up?

What if I just ran electric dumps before the cat and got a seperate tune for when I run them open? Then I can have a nice moderate tone for daily driving and when I wanna race I can open her up?

Sounds like a lot of effort just to gain a little.

Well I have to go get a tune anyway, and all it would be is installing electric cutouts instead of installing all new midpipes...

Love catless. Love the smell. Love the cammed sound. It's not as loud as I thought it would be to be honest. I'm running BB headers/BB catless mids/MBRP catback exhaust. She screams bloody murder at WOT though and speeds over 80mph lol. Love it!

Yes it's worth it
I have mopar long tube headers and mopar high flow exhaust and catless mids
Has the best sounding set up I have ever heard not annoying loud but it has such a deep rumble sets off car alarms with ease

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back