Going Wingless/Rim restoration

Streetgang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:confused: Thinking Of taking my wing off....Any tricks to getting it off ?....Does it do anything for performance ?

Does anyone know of a rim restorer on th east coast..northeast would be best.

Thanks as always Bill

Streetgang said:
:confused: Thinking Of taking my wing off....Any tricks to getting it off ?....Does it do anything for performance ?

Does anyone know of a rim restorer on th east coast..northeast would be best.

Thanks as always Bill

Going wingless makes the truck a lot more practical as a truck. I just take off the wing when I need too.
Brad

I dont think it will do anything different. It is more like for look only. I would leave it on.

The best thing I ever did was remove the wing from my truck. Trucks with wings are for cholos. The only thing this truck is missing is a limo boomerang antenna and 15" tires with gold spokes that stick out about 2 feet. Oh, and curb feelers.

PaddyOBrian said:
The best thing I ever did was remove the wing from my truck. Trucks with wings are for cholos. The only thing this truck is missing is a limo boomerang antenna and 15" tires with gold spokes that stick out about 2 feet. Oh, and curb feelers.

What do you have against Cholos.:dontknow:

PaddyOBrian said:

Well Paddy just earned an ignore from me. On this 20th post!

PaddyOBrian said:

WTF??!??!! You didnt install curb feelers on your truck ?? :dontknow:

Even my riding lawnmower has curb feelers :D

Good to see that I'm making friends. Calm down, yanks, it was a joke.

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure there just teasin ya' I had the wing off my truck for a while
seemed slower. Could have also been my tonnau cover ;) :rofl:
I think the wing is pretty much standard unbolt. However, i think it does have
sticky padding underneath so have some fishing line handy.

Sharpi

Tonneau cover

Sorry guys ...let me clarify...I have a tonneau cover

Paddy....I am proud to say I trained A few of those Brit Marines..They were good men sent into a meatgrinder....I understand both sides(so did they).....Keep the kids out of it ....if you can !!!! Lets Drink Heavy Any Time !

Thanks as always Bill

My children are free to think and believe in whatever they want... as long as I approve of it first. ;)

you live in NC and dont have a riding mower, get a cub cadet, boomer has a throttle upgrade and PTO upgrade. I thought curb feelers were only sold in LA & paterson NJ

Wing was meant to add downforce during track-like conditions, so the wing is actually useless for day-to-day driving IMO. Just use the tool provided to remove two bolts (one on either side), slide the spoiler forward and off it comes.

I think the spoiler makes it easier to recognize an SRT-10 on the road sometimes.

Take the wing off.....the wing makes the truck look like some Irish piece of shit drives it....

Juan is right, the wing was designed for the RC without a bedcover in a wind tunnel by the NASCAR Truck Series engineers to help reduce drag and give downforce at race speeds. At our speeds, it does nothing but add good looks (opinion). I'm pretty sure that Brendan Gaughn would not have been very comfortable entering the turns without it when he set the world production speed record on the oval track.
By the way, the world record is held by a RED '04 RC. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back