Gonna be in AZ 27 Mar to 18 May

Eric_Pllcc

Reaction score
Hey AZ guys, I'm gonna be at Ft Huachuca for 2 months of training from 27 March to 18 May 2010. Wonder what there is to do and places to go. Any G2G during that time? Thanks for any info.

Eric

Not sure down south. For outdoor enjoyment, I head up fishing on the rim east of Payson and also in the White Mountains by Greer. Long drive from down south though. :(

If you haven't seen the Grand Canyon, it will be nice during that time. Sedona is kinda touristy (sp?) but good for a quick lunch and some pics.

nothing great south of phoenix unless you go to mexico.

there are some great museums in phoenix, scottsdale, etc of cars and what not. grand canyon is nice to see especially with that new sky walk.

Unfortunately I can't go past Tuscon without putting in for a pass 10 days in advance (stupid Army mileage rules). I heard Tuscon has a track out there. Maybe i'll do the touristy stuff and go to the Grand Canyon and Tombstone. I'm down to do anything really. It's gotta be better than sitting in the barracks all weekend.

Chuck B said:
Don't know what you consider fun but many people would find Kartchner Caverns a must see.

http://azstateparks.com/Parks/KACA/

Lots of winery's in the area. Tombstone and a doz other old west towns...give us some direction

I can't go past Tuscon without putting in a pass 10 days in advance (stupid Army rules). I'll probably just do the touristy stuff like Tombstone or the Grand Canyon. May check out the raceway in Tuscon one weekend.

Eric

I'll probably just do the touristy stuff. I can't go further than Tuscon without a pass 10 days in advance (stupid Army rules). Tombstone and the Grand Canyon sound like fun.

Last edited:
Eric_Pllcc said:
I've thought of going there one weekend :rock: . Couple of us guys here may take a trip.

Let me know we can have a small gtg:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back