Good ol 48re Question

I'm not saying you are lying. The wear looks pretty severe which is why arrestmered04 said it was due to band adjustment. Either way your truck is in much better shape now. :D

i hope so , it feels alot better imho...

the band and drum is replaced by much beteer material , and the band is much bigger than stock one...:)

I'm not saying you are lying. The wear looks pretty severe which is why arrestmered04 said it was due to band adjustment. Either way your truck is in much better shape now. :D

Exactly, looks like transmissions I've seen that were driven a while with them slipping

Adjust my bands this morning, went out for a drive and the solid 1-2 shift was better at normal conditions. Dropped down to 2nd and gave it 50% no slip, 100% no slip... decided to give it a 1-2 pull and spun hard in 1st, slammed into 2nd and spun through 2nd... needless to say.... no more slipping :) Seems like I have a decent amount of adjustment left in the bands as the screws have plenty of turn left

i hope so , it feels alot better imho...

the band and drum is replaced by much beteer material , and the band is much bigger than stock one...:)

From my own experience with crappy trans parts. I am going to attribute it to the valve body. I am on my third trans, second had a cracked case but shifted good. Anyway, prior to replacing the valve body with an aftermarket one from HTS, I saw the exact same thing. Burnt up clutches and hanging on WOT 1-2 shift because the gov solenoid gets clogged from all the clutch debris from the trans slipping into gear because of weka factory valve body. This first happened at 8,500 miles with the first trans. That got replaced and the second one did the same damn thing. After seeing this I had the valve body put in as well as HD front band, and billet accumulator and it shifted like a champ. The second trans had a bad case but shifted great, just kept leaking trans fluid.

Some people get lucky and the valve body is good and no issues. Other's not so much and the end result is slipping trans with burnt up clutches and steels. Moral of the story is its not necessarily from failure to adjust the bands.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back