Good sites to purchase goodies>?

jappo

Reaction score
This may be a repeated question but maybe some of you kind folks could direct me to some old topics about where to get some custom grills, lights and basically just some cool visual accessories and maybe tips on exhaust choices! (On another note....!) I recently joined and mentioned I purchased and 05 red qc up in Alberta, Canada. I did have a real stressful couple days after purchasing it. The tranny was apparently fucked up but luckily I have extra money and getting it rebuilt with the upgrades to hopefully make this purchase worth my money! Maybe a little input from others on experience dealing with rebuilt transmissions and if I made a good decision putting money into the truck so early!

The two main companies that most guys on this site go to for the auto tranny is either SunCoast or HTS. A lot of guys have had good luck with HTS parts and they are family ran and friendly. Best to call Dusty or his wife and explain you have the SRT-10 with auto tranny, they will get you hooked up based on your NEEDS, they won't try and oversell you on uncessary parts.

For exhaust, there's a lot of opinions. Out of the box the Billy Boat exhaust probably sounds the best and offers the most gains in hp/tq, but it's EXPENSIVE. Best bang for your buck is to get your rear cats removed or just get catless midpipes, get the rear resonator by the exhaust tips removed, then have welded in some mufflers of your choice. Which mufflers to use will vary from member to member. Some guys like the exotic sound or exhausts have, some want more of a V-8 rumble. I currently have rear cats deleted, Flowmaster-style off-brand mufflers, rear resonator removed. It soulds pretty good for a 200 buck exhaust lol.

Most guys prefer the Mopar factory waffle comb grille that came standard on the 2500 series Diesel rams. They are cheap, easy to install, and look great. That's what I have.

For lights, you can find any kind of headlights on Ebay. Or you can look in the vendor section on here for the vendor Retro Shop. My headlights are factory ones that someone blacked out, got them from a member on here who got them from Ebay. I love them. I also have HID headlight bulbs and fog bulbs.

For some other visual upgrades, check out jmbperformance.com. Justin has some great engine bay visual upgrades, does caliper powdercoating, and offers custom Viper emblems.

For performance, in terms of all-inclusive websites, roeracing.com has most everything you would ever need to do a complete engine rebuild, cam swap, exhaust, etc. JMB has some options as well on his site, but better to contact him directly, he can get you most anything. Also, another great vendor is Venomous1 (Scott). He can direct you based on what you're wanting to do and he has some of his own parts available.

Hope all of this helps.

Last edited:
Start with our vendor section. Then you might try SLH Motorsports, 24Designs, GenX Grills, the Viper Store & SCT. I'm sure others have more to add. Good Luck.

I'd be glad to help you in any aspect of your Viper Truck cosmetically or performance wise. Check out our Snakebite Exhaust system and Viper Side Exit Exhaust ;-)
Welcome to the madhouse :rock:

And so that new members aren't mislead, member Yellow venom is running a built tranny with parts from HTS. He's putting down over 600rwhp and has had no issues with their parts. Just like on Best Buy or any other website that allows reviews of products, don't base your opinions on those products off of one bad review. I've bought items on Ebay from a seller with a 99% approval rate and had ZERO issue with the seller or the product. The 1% were the people looking to place blame on the seller related to something beyond their control, perhaps damaged during shipping by the carrier, or the product not working due to a third party installer doing a subpar install, etc. So yes, issues with makers of any kind of parts for our trucks should be brought to light for the education of all, but use the search function on this site and do some in-depth reasearch for yourself if you're a newbie. And for what it's worth, HTS offers a 10% military discount.

Sorry, it wasn’t issues with the product-----Rusty lied to me repeatedly. That was my issue. If you will note, I said all vender have product issues from time to time, that happens. I genuinely tried to work with him but to no avail, he ignored phone calls as well as e-mails.

Just me being silly and expecting a man to honor his word. Once fooled your fault (Rusty) twice fooled my fault. Caveat emptor. VENOUMOUS1 has offered free labor in the future as he realizes I was not treated properly. I will not use his generosity as this was not his fault but he is trying to fix a messy deal. By the way, my 2 separate tranny rebuilders also recommended SunCoast as their 1st choice on converter suppliers. Next time I will follow their advice as well as yours Jason.

No worries Shorty, your experience is valuable to all members of this site. SunCoast at a time was going to be my first choice until I called them and the guy on the phone didn't even know the SRT-10 came in a 4 door with an auto and he was unable to be of any help. Took my name and number and said he'd have someone call me right back and didn't, so I decided that I would never deal with them again. When I talked to Dusty and Marianne, they knew right away what a SRT-10 is and knew the QC's came with the 48RE. As it stands I'm looking to pick up a recently built tranny from a fellow member that has Scott's torque convertor plus miscellaneous HTS components. Couldn't beat the price, otherwise I was going to source through HTS.

Venomous 1 (scott) has come out with the best exhaust in terms of looks hands down! As far as performance I dont think anyone has had a before and after dyno session but I wouod imagine that it would be a noticeable increas. To me its the best bang for your buck!

You're the first person I've personally seen on this site to not have a good experience with HTS. But then again your truck has had numerous issues since you've had it, very freak type issues, most recently oil filter.

Yeah its the first i have ever heard of a problem with HTS,IM thinking the whole story isnt being told!!:dontknow:
I have had EXCELLENT luck with HTS and their tranny is hiolding up perfectly and Ive alsways had a blower on my engine since the HTS build, AND for recomendations NSDQ gave EXCELLENT info to ya!!:rock:

Sorry, it wasn’t issues with the product-----Rusty lied to me repeatedly. That was my issue. If you will note, I said all vender have product issues from time to time, that happens. I genuinely tried to work with him but to no avail, he ignored phone calls as well as e-mails.

Just me being silly and expecting a man to honor his word. Once fooled your fault (Rusty) twice fooled my fault. Caveat emptor. VENOUMOUS1 has offered free labor in the future as he realizes I was not treated properly. I will not use his generosity as this was not his fault but he is trying to fix a messy deal. By the way, my 2 separate tranny rebuilders also recommended SunCoast as their 1st choice on converter suppliers. Next time I will follow their advice as well as yours Jason.

Just a side note,HTS uses Suncoast torque convertors!!!

This may be a repeated question but maybe some of you kind folks could direct me to some old topics about where to get some custom grills, lights and basically just some cool visual accessories and maybe tips on exhaust choices! (On another note....!) I recently joined and mentioned I purchased and 05 red qc up in Alberta, Canada. I did have a real stressful couple days after purchasing it. The tranny was apparently fucked up but luckily I have extra money and getting it rebuilt with the upgrades to hopefully make this purchase worth my money! Maybe a little input from others on experience dealing with rebuilt transmissions and if I made a good decision putting money into the truck so early!

Damn.....I wish I could have checked it out for you. I am having lunch with rottenronnie tomorrow. He is our goto guy for builds in Calgary. His transmission is built, I will find out by who.

Jappo, you need to post more so I can pm my cell# to you.

Or, HELP JEFF!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back