GoPro

oldcolt

Striker Heads and Cam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son and I are taking my truck on another epic road trip. We will probably do 4-5000km. I'm thinking about buying a GoPro to record some of the drive. I've never had one. Could I get some do's/don'ts from you guys? Thanks.

Do get extra batteries or wire to the car for power.

The Hero4 Session is cool, but not worth the money in my opinion. You can't replace the battery and no video out feature.
Skip it, get the 4 Black or Silver.

And I really had no confidence mounting to the outside of a vehicle. That changed on my last vacation we took to Maui. This was mounted with a Gopro sticky mount on the underside of the wing and held at 120kts for 2.5 hours just fine

here is a good comparison of the FOV settings. The wide tends to get a fisheye to it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks Wes. Was it a suction cup mount on the wing?

I have one, they work great. Get a suction cup and wire it for power to the truck! I also have a waterproof case and an external mic with a small hole drilled in the case to pic up the sound of the mic. Comes out super clean

I have one, they work great. Get a suction cup and wire it for power to the truck! I also have a waterproof case and an external mic with a small hole drilled in the case to pic up the sound of the mic. Comes out super clean

Awesome thanks!

Also, there is another unit called WASP. It is made in Canada. It has a watch so can see what the unit is recording plus you can turn the record on and off. Google it...

I was just talking to my wife about getting one. So to be clear, what's the consensus "best" bank for your buck?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHY-401-HERO4-SILVER/dp/B00NIYJF6U/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1438910027&sr=1-1&keywords=go+pro+hero+4]Amazon.com: GoPro HERO4 SILVER: Camera & Photo[/ame]

this is the one i have
amazing quality

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back