Got my cherry popped....

Wastelands Warrior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my intake manifold off for some detailing and what a job that was! But I took my time and bought a few "special" tools to help and got it off with no issues. The biggest thing was realizing my fat ass had to get up in the engine bay to get at the back bolts. When I put in back on I'm going to see about renting a boom crane to lower me in from above to get the back bolts. Lol :D

When you put it back on, start with the bolts on the back. Beer will need to flow, so it is better to be sober for those ones!:p

i used thick towels on the fenders and a 2X6 laid across them to lay on. make sure you take off the point hood latch at the radiator or the 2X6 won't help the pain in your groin from laying on i……………………………………………………………

Too bad you don't have a Hemi in there, there's so much room :D
IMG_20140609_181913.jpg

IMG_20140609_182020.jpg

also, get all bolts started before worrying about the torque sequence, otherwise one may get pesky and cross thread if the intake isn't sitting just perfect

Thanks for all the tips and laughs, fellas. One thing I want to do on the next to last bolt on the driver's side is grind a better recess in the runner for the socket, as it was tight fitting. I also picked up some very nice ARP 12 pt stainless steel bolts to use in place of the stockers.

Thanks for all the tips and laughs, fellas. One thing I want to do on the next to last bolt on the driver's side is grind a better recess in the runner for the socket, as it was tight fitting. I also picked up some very nice ARP 12 pt stainless steel bolts to use in place of the stockers.

those have a 1/4 head on them??

Took my intake manifold off for some detailing and what a job that was! But I took my time and bought a few "special" tools to help and got it off with no issues. The biggest thing was realizing my fat ass had to get up in the engine bay to get at the back bolts. When I put in back on I'm going to see about renting a boom crane to lower me in from above to get the back bolts. Lol :D

Ha, ha, I was gonna have to buy a boom crane to get me out of the '04 Viper I wanted to buy. Not a fat butt but really broke down knees. I feel your pain. Scott said I had to replace the crank sensor from the bottom but with long arms I just reached from the top and installed. Maybe you need to grow longer arms. :D

Ha, ha, I was gonna have to buy a boom crane to get me out of the '04 Viper I wanted to buy. Not a fat butt but really broke down knees. I feel your pain. Scott said I had to replace the crank sensor from the bottom but with long arms I just reached from the top and installed. Maybe you need to grow longer arms. :D

Lol, I was telling my buddy I wish I was Plastic Man or Stretch Armstrong when I was doing the job. I'm 5'8 so height or long arms isn't a strong suit with me. Lol

i looked at the black version for mine but it said 5/16 wrenching so i was worried it would be harder to install because of that. hope it works for you, let us know

I'll def keep ya'll posted. I was going to use Allen head bolts but like the design of the 12 pt ARPs. Hopefully I'll be putting the manny back on this wkend. :)

You know the mechanic is not included right?

Oh, And your welcome.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can't afford a real mechanic so I do my own screw ups, er, I mean mechanical work.

And thanks for showing me that set up. But the proper way to write the phase is "YOU'RE" welcome, not "YOUR" welcome. So you're welcome for the lesson in proper writing techniques. :D

Big or small man, those back bolts are a pain to get to. The crane idea has crossed my mind before. Thought of hooking the belt loop of my pants to an engine hoist while going mission impossible style and sucking up a big ass wedgie just to get the job done.

Big or small man, those back bolts are a pain to get to. The crane idea has crossed my mind before. Thought of hooking the belt loop of my pants to an engine hoist while going mission impossible style and sucking up a big ass wedgie just to get the job done.

I would pay to see that.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can't afford a real mechanic so I do my own screw ups, er, I mean mechanical work.

And thanks for showing me that set up. But the proper way to write the phase is "YOU'RE" welcome, not "YOUR" welcome. So you're welcome for the lesson in proper writing techniques. :D

You're Correct.

11219590_1016185795092905_6500937369726408400_n.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back