Got my wheelies powdercoated

SRT-11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, they look awesome. I chose a semi gloss finish with a color that's called "quaker olive" which is like an olivey-gunmetal. Cell phone cam pic, sorry, but I really like em. Also had the lugs done. Trying to figure out what to do with the center caps, plastic can't be powdercoated... should I paint them gloss black or flat black or try to find a gunmetal to match?

wheelyd1.jpg

They look nice! It reminds me of a lighter version of the Night Runner wheels. Have you tried it with the bright centercaps? You might like how it looks.

Thanks. I think they'll look sweet on the truck with the calipers painted black.

awesome, thats pretty much the same color mine are. left the caps stock, nice offset.

Attachments

• IMG_0268-vi.jpg
    IMG_0268-vi.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 329
They look good! Just a little funny to see them inside the truck!

Get some pics up when you get them on (along with some closeups of your calipers).

cip5150 said:
awesome, thats pretty much the same color mine are. left the caps stock, nice offset.

oh heck, PLEASE post a higher res pic man!!! those look great!!!

Those look great!!!!.......im thinking of doing the same to mine....was there an issue with balancing the rims after powdercoating them..

Nah you shouldn't have issues with balancing mang!!
lout63 said:
Those look great!!!!.......im thinking of doing the same to mine....was there an issue with balancing the rims after powdercoating them..

balancing shouldn't be a problem. The wheels & tires are at firestone being mounted & balanced, I'll go pick them up tonight if this freak storm calms down. They won't be on the truck until friday at the earliest probably.

yes --looks nice ---need to see a up close pic on the truck

all 4 tires are mounted, I was only able to pick up two of the wheels from firestone before they closed, I dicked up the headliner in my wife's car trying to load a wheel/tire in the front seat too. I'll get the other two tomorrow but I won't have the whole thing back together until this weekend at the earliest, I only have one brake caliper painted and reinstalled.

it's gonna look sweet though...

I still can't decide what the heck to do with the center caps.

SRT-11 said:
all 4 tires are mounted, I was only able to pick up two of the wheels from firestone before they closed, I dicked up the headliner in my wife's car trying to load a wheel/tire in the front seat too. I'll get the other two tomorrow but I won't have the whole thing back together until this weekend at the earliest, I only have one brake caliper painted and reinstalled.

it's gonna look sweet though...

I still can't decide what the heck to do with the center caps.

Can't wait to see them mounted they look good. About your wifes headliner, pffft....thats her problem.

update:

All 4 wheels are at home with tires mounted and thank the Lord no scratches! Also, I finished the other rear brake caliper tonight. two down two to go.

Do you guys like the center cap light silver like that or should I paint it?

wheel1rm7.jpg

wheel2ft5.jpg

wheel3lw8.jpg

I like the contrast personally!
SRT-11 said:
update:

All 4 wheels are at home with tires mounted and thank the Lord no scratches! Also, I finished the other rear brake caliper tonight. two down two to go.

Do you guys like the center cap light silver like that or should I paint it?

wheel1rm7.jpg

wheel2ft5.jpg

wheel3lw8.jpg

maybe one of you doods can photochop it better than me... I'm thinking about either gunmetal, flat black, semi gloss black (like calipers) or leave em alone. does anyone have a picture of the back of the gen3 viper head center caps? the back anyway? maybe I could get those and get them powdercoated.

wheel4cg7.jpg

:eek: DAAAAAMN.. Quaker Olive looks awesome. That's definately different. I would leave the centercaps polished. But then again polished centercaps would look better with polished lug nuts.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back